Android Oreo 8.0, was officially released last week and it was rolled out to the Google Pixel and the Nexus devices. Google later released the factory images for these devices and developers are now trying to create custom ROMs based on Android Oreo for their devices. The recent device to get the Android Oreo 8.0 Custom ROM is the Nexus 5.
The device was launched 4 years ago with Android Lollipop 5.0 and Google said that it will get one more major update. But the Nexus 5 has been updated to Android Nougat and now to Android Oreo through the unofficial builds of Custom ROMs created by developers for the device.
The recent AOSP based ROM for Nexus 5 is in the Alpha stage and currently, the WiFi is the only thing which works properly in this build. The developer might release a more stable version in the future but as of now, you cannot use this ROM as a daily driver. But if you want to test Android Oreo or experience how it works, you can try installing Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP ROM On Google Nexus 5
Thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download AOSP 8.0 For Nexus 5
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- TWRP Recovery For Nexus 5
- Magisk Zip File Latest
Steps To Install Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP ROM On Google Nexus 5
- Download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links and then move them to the internal storage of your Nexus 5.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the Custom TWRP recovery (You could do this by holding the power and volume buttons for a few seconds till your device boots into the recovery menu)
- Now Follow the guide below to install the custom AOSP ROM via TWRP
- After flashing the ROM flash the GApps pack and Magisk (similar way)
- As soon as the flashing is done, reboot your Nexus 5 to boot into Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM.