Android’s latest version, Android 8.0 Oreo has been recently released at the beginning of this month. This announcement was made by Google at an event held on the eve of the biggest Solar Eclipse in last 100 years in the United States. At this announcement, Google also made the announcement of the official update being released for the Nexus and Pixel devices. However, other devices are not expected to get the latest update regardless of the manufacturers. This means that even the older Nexus devices will be left out of the latest Android update. We have seen that the Nexus 5 got an AOSP build of Android 8.0 Oreo earlier and now another Nexus device is getting the update to Android Oreo.
This device is the Nexus 4 which was released even before the Nexus 5 and this device is also equally famous as the Nexus 5. The developer community behind Nexus 4 has now ported the LineageOS 15 build for the Nexus 4. Do keep in mind that this build has not been officially released by Team Lineage so it is termed as an unofficial build.
Now, if you want Android 8.0 Oreo on your Nexus 4 then you can flash the LineageOS 15.0 on the device as soon as possible but note that bugs are expected.
- You might be aware that during flashing of ROMs, all the data gets completely wiped out. So, take a full backup of your device data before proceeding.
- Charge your device so that it should have at least 50% of battery charge.
- Your device must be rooted. It must also have TWRP installed.
If you are new to the process of flashing your device with Custom ROM, you should take extreme care to follow the following steps minutely and accurately. Any wrong step can ruin your new devices. Hence, proceed at your own risk and The DroidGuru won’t be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device while performing the following steps.
Steps to install Unofficial LineageOS 15.0 build on Nexus 4
- First of all, make sure that you have custom ROMs like TWRP installed on your device
- After that, you will have to boot your device into recovery by turning off your device and pressing Power+Volume Down button at the same time for 4-5 seconds.
- Once in TWRP, you will have to install the zip files which you have downloaded and transferred to your device.
- First of all, install the Unofficial LineageOS 15.0 zip file and then the GApps zip file
- After this, wipe the cache and data on your device and you will have LineageOS 15.0 on your Nexus 4 installed successfully
- After this, reboot your device and complete the setup process.
If you have any trouble following this guide, drop a comment in the comments section down below.