- 1 LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 2 Download LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 3 Steps to Download and Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.3 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 4 Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
The Redmi Note 6 Pro was launched recently in November this year with dual selfie cameras. Overall the device design and specifications are same as Redmi Note 5 Pro. This one is the latest affordable mid-range device from Xiaomi. The improved camera and notch display looks quite good. The handset runs on MIUI 10 based on Android Oreo. Now you can install LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 6 Pro easily.
LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
The XDA Developers team recently posted that you the unofficial LineageOS 15.1 and TWRP now available for the Redmi Note 6 Pro. It’s good news for all custom ROM developers or lovers. The custom AOSP based LineageOS 15.1 ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Hope the device will get LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie support soon.
Stock Wallpapers: Download Redmi Note 6 Pro Stock Wallpapers in Full HD+ Resolution
You can access the TWRP and install Magisk to root your device. However, the data encryption isn’t available yet on this unofficial TWRP build. There are some bugs with this unofficial LineageOS 15.1 build such as an in-call loudspeaker and SELinux status. These bugs will be fixed very soon after the users and developers test this ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro devices. That will definitely take some time to fix these issues. However, you can use this Custom ROM, if you want to give a try the LineageOS.
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage that might occur to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk. However, keep in mind that we are here to help you if you have any problems that are possible for us to solve.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. Following these steps on any other model might brick your device.
- Make sure your Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro has an unlocked bootloader with a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- Finally, we recommend you make a Nandroid backup to ensure any loss of data is taken care of by a backup.
- Recommended Firmware – MIUI V10.0.5.0
- Recommended Recovery – TWRP 3.2.3 for Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Download LineageOS 15.1 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
- FM Radio
- IR Blaster
- Double tap to wake the screen
- In-call loudspeaker doesn’t work
- SELinux status: Permissive
Steps to Download and Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.3 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Download the latest version of TWRP on your device from the above link.
- Reboot to TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and tap the “Images…” button on the lower right side.
- Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it.
- Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash.
LineageOS 15.1 for Redmi Note 6 Pro Details
- ROM OS Version: Android 8.x Oreo
- ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
- ROM Firmware Required: Recommended firmware + Unlocked bootloader + TWRP
- Based On: LineageOS (AOSP)
- Status: Beta Build
- Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos
- Contributor: Shivam Kumar Jha
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Download the latest build and GApps and transfer them into your device external storage.
- Switch off your device and Reboot to recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe > Swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Go to Install > locate the downloaded LineageOS 15.1 ROM > swipe to flash.
- Flash the latest GApps
- Reboot and enjoy.
The system boot takes a quite long time. So please be patient and wait for complete boot into LineageOS 15.1 ROM.
For More detailed Guide On Flashing Custom ROM and GApps, head over to the link shared below