Earlier this year, Xiaomi had launched the successor Redmi Note 5 device followed by its predecessor Redmi Note 4. The Redmi Note 5 came with Android 7.1.2 Nougat out-of-the-box. A month ago, the handset got Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 10 update. Though the possibility of getting Android Pie officially is very rare, you can install Custom ROM on this device based on Android 9 Pie. In this post, we will talk about How to Install Arrow OS on Redmi Note 5 Stable ROM based on Android 9 Pie.
- You will need to unlock the bootloader and enable USB Debugging on your Redmi Note 5.
- Download the Arrow OS ROM (zip file) from the following link.
- Install TWRP Recovery file (Redwolf TWRP) on Redmi Note 5 via Fastboot.
- Download ADB tool for Windows or Mac.
Steps to Flash Arrow OS on Redmi Note 5
- First, you will need to switch off your phone and boot it into Fastboot mode (press and hold Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously).
- Then connect your handset with your PC via USB cable > Open a command prompt.
- Locate the downloaded TWRP Recovery zip file on your PC.
- Check the command prompt whether the device is connected or not with PC.
- Type the following command and hit enter to see the attached device list.
- The system will detect the fastboot device then type the following line and press enter.
fastboot flash recovery redwolf_twrp_filename.zip
- Boot the phone by pressing Volume up + Power Button > swipe right to allow system modifications.
- You will be booted into TWRP Recovery.
- Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Cache > swipe to wipe again.
- Go to Install > locate the downloaded custom ROM from the SD card.
- Select the Arrow OS ROM file and swipe right to flash your device.
- After flashing done, select Reboot and then System to boot your device. (Wait for 10-15 minutes to boot up completely into new ROM).
- If the GApps not preloaded in this ROM, you can flash the Pie GApps zip file from the TWRP (Same as before).