Google Pixel 3 XL is one of the best flagship Android devices out there in the market in 2018. The latest pure stock Android UI and upgraded camera beat some other flagship devices in that category. However, the device gets frequent latest Android updates and security patches from Google officially. But if you’re still want to try out any other custom ROM, the new LineageOS 16 ROM available for this device. Here in this post, we will talk about how to download LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL device unofficially.
The LineageOS 16 is based on Android 9 Pie AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The unofficial Lineage OS 16 is quite stable and optimized for the Pixel 3 XL device. However, the new custom ROM already available for some other Android devices. Such as Xiaomi Poco F1, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi 4 Prime, Redmi 4X, Redmi Note 3, and Mi MIX. Now the Pixel 3 XL joins the list and there are some other handsets as well like OnePlus 3/3T/6, Moto G5 Plus, LG G2, HTC One M8 etc.
LineageOS 16 for Pixel 3 XL (Unofficial)
The build is in beta mode now and there are several bugs on that custom ROM, still, you can call it as a stable version and use it because most of the main features are working well. The custom ROM includes all the features and options of Android Pie version properly and it can be used without any Google applications (if any). Though the Pixel 3 XL gets the Android 9 Pie update with this custom ROM, it could take a couple of months to be more refined and polished. Now Root also possible as developers have already released TWRP recovery for the device.
The Lineage OS 16 is based on Android 9.0 Pie source code and The Android 9.0 Pie is the latest version of Android released this year by Google. The Lineage OS 16 on Google Pixel 3 XL based on Android 9.0 Pie is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, Digital Wellbeing, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive battery, Gesture-based navigation, Slices, and Adaptive brightness. Follow the below step by step guide to download and install Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XL (Android 9.0 Pie).
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage that might occur to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk. However, keep in mind that we are here to help you if you have any problems that are possible for us to solve.
- This guide is only for the Pixel 3 XL. Following these steps on any other model might brick your device.
- Make sure your Pixel 3 XL has an unlocked bootloader with a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- Finally, we recommend you make a Nandroid backup to ensure any loss of data is taken care of by a backup.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 16 On Pixel 3 XL
- Download and transfer both the GApps and the ROM file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Power your device down, and reboot into the Recovery Mode.
- After the TWRP splash screen shows up, click on Wipe, and swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Once done, navigate back to Install, and locate the ROM file you’ve just transferred.
- Swipe to confirm the flash.
- Do the same for the GApps and any other ZIP file if recommended to flash before the first boot.
- Once done, tap on reboot, and grab a coffee while you’re at it.
The first boot might take a lot of time. But you should be able to enjoy the sweetness of Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XL by the end of this tutorial.
For More detailed Guide On Flashing Custom ROM and GApps, head over to the link shared below
Lineage OS 16 For Pixel 3XL
- Close To Stock Android
- Regular Updates
- Better Performance
- More Customization Options
- Unofficial Build
- May have some bugs