LG recently released the latest flagship smartphone from the company which is the LG G6. The smartphone runs the custom skin which has been developed by LG in house. However, some of the users of LG G6 are not the fans of LG’s custom skin. Therefore, the official LineageOS ROM for the device was much awaited.
Now that wait is finally over as the LG G6 is the latest device in the long list of officially supported devices from LineageOS. The current update for the device is LineageOS 14.1 but this also means that the device will receive the LineageOS 15.0 update very quickly now that it is officially supported.
In order to install the ROM on your device, you will have to follow the guide which has been mentioned in detail down below. One thing to note for the LG G6 is that the device comes in two variants with different model numbers so you should proceed after verifying your model number.Follow the guide given below to Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM On LG G6
- Download Official LineageOS 14.1 For LG G6 h870 | Download Official LineageOS 14.1 For LG G6 us997
- Gapps for Android Nougat 7.1.2
- TWRP Recovery For LG G6
Note: TWRP recovery is currently only available for LG G6 international variant which is LG G6 h870
Steps To Install Official LineageOS 14.1 ROM On LG G6 | Android Nougat
- First of all, you will have to download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links in the Downloads section and then move them to the internal storage of your LG G6.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the TWRP recovery by holding the power and volume buttons for 4-5 seconds till your device boots into the recovery menu
- Now, in order to install the custom LineageOS ROM via TWRP, you should follow the guide attached below
- After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack and Magisk in the same way as the ROM installation
- Once the zip installation is done, reboot your LG G6 and it should boot into LineageOS 14.1 ROM.