OnePlus launched the OnePlus X after the company’s flagship smartphone for 2015 which was the OnePlus 2. The smartphone was launched by the company as an experiment as the smartphone was launched in the mid-range segment and the device also had a slightly smaller display than the regular flagship smartphones from the company. However, the company did not continue with this devices as they didn’t see the proper response from the public.
Now, we have the unofficial LineageOS 15 ROM for the OnePlus X as well thanks to the developers on XDA. The guide to install the ROM along with all the other requirements has been mentioned down below so you should follow the guide to have a proper installation of LineageOS 15 based on Android 8.0 Oreo for your OnePlus X.
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15.0 For OnePlus X
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- TWRP Recovery For OnePlus X
- Magisk Zip File Latest
Steps To Install LineageOS 15.0 ROM On OnePlus X
- First of all, you will have to download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links in the Downloads section and then move them to the internal storage of your OnePlus X.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the TWRP recovery by holding the power and volume buttons for 4-5 seconds till your device boots into the recovery menu
- Now, in order to install the custom LineageOS ROM via TWRP, you should follow the guide attached below
- After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack and Magisk in the same way as the ROM installation
- Once the zip installation is done, reboot your OnePlus X and it should boot into LineageOS 15.0 ROM.