Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP On Samsung Galaxy S6: The Samsung Galaxy S6 was launched by Samsung 2 years back and it was a major flagship of Samsung. The device was running on TouchWiz OS based on Android Marshmallow 6.0 and was updated to Android Nougat 7.0 later. Samsung Galaxy S6 has now received the Android Oreo 8.0, the latest version of Android in the form of an AOSP Custom ROM.
Android Oreo 8.0 was launched by Google a few days back and it is said to be the fastest and safest version of Android yet. It also comes with some interesting features like picture in picture mode, app notification badges and lock screen shortcuts. The initial build of the AOSP based custom ROM for Galaxy S6 was developed by lukasb06 and it is currently in the development phase. However, the ROM is stable now to be used as a daily driver and essential features like WiFi and Bluetooth are working without issues.
Since the ROM is currently in the beginning stages, some of the Android Oreo features might not work properly and you might also encounter a few bugs here and there. Currently, the stock camera is not functioning in this ROM but it might work in the next build. If you want to test the latest version of Android Oreo 8.0 on your Galaxy S6, then you can follow the below guide to install it manually on your device.Follow the guide to Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP On Galaxy S6
- First of all, you need to have a backup of all the important data and files on your device.
- You need to enable USB debugging mode on your device.
- You need to have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your PC.
- The device should be rooted with the latest version of TWRP or any other custom recovery installed.
- The bootloader on the device must be unlocked.
- Your device must have more than 50% battery percentage.
- Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP Custom ROM For Samsung Galaxy S6 -> Download Link
- Google Apps -> Download
- Download Latest Magisk v13.1 | Root Any Android Device
Steps To Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP On Galaxy S6 | Android Oreo Custom ROM
- Download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links with the appropriate model number and then move them to the internal storage of your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the Custom TWRP recovery.
- First, take a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Check the Pre-requirement section)
- Now Follow the guide below to Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP On Galaxy S6 via TWRP
- After flashing the ROM flash the GApps pack and Magisk (similar way)
- Once the zip installation is done, reboot your device to boot into Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM.