LineageOS 15 on Moto G4 Play : Motorola launched the Moto G4 Play later last year in hope of securing off audience from a specific target demographic, and it worked. While smartphones like the G4 and G4 Plus succeeded in markets like India, the G4 Play was a well-reputed offering, and that’s all thanks to its stock software. While Motorola only released this smartphone a year ago, there have been no words on the latest Android Oreo update for this device yet.
There is a good possibility that Motorola could just care less about any further software updates for its devices, keeping in account their current track record, but for the people who really want the latest and greatest, we’ve got your back. You can easily Install LineageOS 15 on Moto G4 Play thanks to the great developer team behind it.
We warn you though, these are super early built, and might not even boot up. However, if you’ve been bored to death by the stockish experience, then do not hesitate to follow our in-depth guide to Update Moto G4 Play To Android 8.0 Oreo Via LineageOS 15.
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage that might occur to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk. However, keep in mind that we are here to help you if you have any problems that are possible for us to solve.
- This guide is only for the Moto G4 Play. Following these steps on any other model might brick your device.
- Make sure your G4 Play has an unlocked bootloader with a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- Finally, we recommend you make a Nandroid backup to ensure any loss of data is taken care of by a backup.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15 on Moto G4 Play
- Transfer both the GApps and the ROM file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Power your device down, and reboot into the Recovery Mode.
- After the TWRP splash screen shows up, click on Wipe, and swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Once done, navigate back to Install, and locate the ROM file you’ve just transferred.
- Swipe to confirm the flash.
- Do the same for the GApps and any other ZIP file you want to flash before the first boot.
- Once done, tap on reboot, and grab a coffee while you’re at it.
The first boot might take a lot of time. But you should be able to enjoy the sweetness of LineageOS 15 on Moto G4 Play by the end of this tutorial.
For More detailed Guide On Flashing Custom ROM and GApps, head over to the link shared below