Xiaomi Poco F1 is very popular among all the affordable flagship killer devices. The handset was nominated top budget smartphones under Rs. 20,000 in India in 2018. Now the device gets official TWRP support due to the availability of custom ROMs. However, the unofficial TWRP support for the Poco F1 was available earlier. But that’s not the recommended or safest way. Now TWRP for Xiaomi Poco F1 officially available on official TWRP website.
Official TWRP for Xiaomi Poco F1 Released
The TWRP Recovery can be installed via USB and PC with the fastboot method. Your device must be rooted for that and you can also use the TWRP app from Google Play Store. The TWRP Build will only work on the ‘Full Disk Encryption’ (FDE) devices. While it won’t properly work on ‘File-Based Encryption’ (FBE) devices. The FDE may be added later. The official way to unlock bootloader for the Poco F1 has now limited to 3 days by Xiaomi. Because the earlier Xiaomi and Redmi devices took longer time just like OnePlus and Google devices.
Read Also: How to install Google Camera on Poco F1
The Xiaomi Poco F1 codenamed as “beryllium” and maintained by “Dees_Troy”. The Poco F1 device uses dm-verity which prevents the device to boot after swiping to allow system modifications. That’s basically happened due to the stock kernel. So, it requires dm-verity disabled kernel (via fastboot) to bypass the dm-verity boot prevention. The TWRP app requires root access and Team Win or thedroidguru won’t responsible for any damage for using TWRP.
How to Download the Official TWRP on Poco F1
Download and install the app from the following link. The official TWRP app requires root permission and it’s recommended to download it from the Google Play Store.
However, you can also download the latest version of TWRP from the following links.
How to Install TWRP App and Use
- After downloading the app, install it and open
- Agree to the Terms > Select TWRP Flash
- Select your device from the device list called “beryllium” and choose a version
- The file will download to your Downloads folder automatically
- Browse to the downloaded file and select it
- Tap on Flash to Recovery
Download Links of TWRP Image for Poco F1
TWRP Install Process
- Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the given Mirror download link and boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Go to install > search and select the Images… button there.
- Browse to the downloaded image and select it.
- Choose recovery and swipe to confirm flash.
- You will get a successfully flashed notification > You’re done.
Fastboot Method (No Root Required)
You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK, Universal USB Driver, ADB & Fastboot tool etc. This process will also take a few seconds according to the steps and needs PC/Laptop, USB cable.
You can check the full detailed guide here: