If you’re an advanced Android user and like customizing your Android device with some tweaks, you definitely tried some modules or apps or launchers for once. Have you ever tried to change or customize the boot animation of your device? Here in this post, we will provide a guide on how to change boot animation on Android device easily.
What is a Boot Animation
The boot animation of any device including Android is little starting process that plays an animation to the user that the system is launching. Sometimes some of the background processes will start at the time of booting. So the animation will grab the attention of the user and completes the background tasks within a few seconds. It’s quite often and obvious that the boot animation is based on device model, device manufacturer, or the operating system icon or logo with some texts as well.
There are so many options to install a new boot animation on Android device. The following method should work on most of the Android phones.
Steps to install a Boot Animation
- First, you need to install a
- Explorer or Root Browser (File Manager) application on your phone via Google Play Store. (Link is given below)
- Once you have been enabled root permissions, go to the root directory of your device from any of the Root Explorer or Root Browser file manager.
- Locate the System directory and go to the Permissions menu. Depends on the app, (press + hold on the folder or by opening the menu key and selecting Properties)
- Here, depending on the application you will see 9 boxes, sorted by “Read” as “-r”, “Write” as “-wr” and “Execute” as “-x”.
- Now check all the permissions – read, write, and execute options under Permission.
- Once you’ve done this, head into the System file now and then go to Media or Multimedia (depends on your device).
- You’ll find a file named “bootanimation.zip” or similar (for example, if you have Xiaomi device, you can find bootxiaomi.qmg).
- Rename it to “bootanimation.zip1”. (This will save your boot animation in case you need it later)
- Now all you have to do is find an animation which you like and copy it to this folder > then rename it
- Don’t change the extension (“. zip” or “. qmg”). Search a boot animation file on the internet.
- Restart your device. Enjoy!
- Root Android Devices Easily with RootME – Universal Root Toolkit
- How to Backup Your Android Device Without Root
Change Boot Animation on Android via Application
As we mentioned above that the boot animation change requires root access on your Android device. This below-mentioned application is easily available on the Google Play Store and you don’t need to do anything extra.
Boot Animations for Superuser application is a free/paid rooted application which offers a lot of customizations over boot animation. You have to unlock some of the additional premium features via doing payment. The app brings a lot of preloaded images, icons and logos for boot animation and it also provides freshly updated animations as well. If you face any issue with this app, just uninstall and reinstall it.