Recently, the developers of Lawnchair Launcher app has released a Magisk module called “QuickSwitch”. This is a Magisk module which allows the rooted Android Pie running device users to change the Recent UI from the stock. Basically, it enables the third-party launcher support by default for rooted Android 9 Pie system devices. Though the Lawnchair Launcher app is compatible with this module, the developer has modified the stock OxygenOS 9 build OnePlus Launcher for the other Pie devices. In this post, we will guide on How to Install OnePlus Launcher on Any Android Pie Device (Root).
Currently, all the Android 9 Pie running devices can install the QuickSwitch Magisk module to get a taste of latest OnePlus Launcher based on OxygenOS 9. Thanks to one of the XDA Senior Member Paphonb who has modified the APK file. The interesting fact is that Paphonb is one of the developers on QuickSwitch and Lawnchair app. So, definitely, it was slightly easy and understanding for him to develop this module properly. The below-given screenshots are provided by the XDA Developers team of Pixel Experience ROM based on Android Pie.
The new module with launcher offers OnePlus gestures also, but you have to enable the swipe gesture navigation from the system settings.
How to Install OnePlus Launcher on Any Android Pie Device (Root)
- First, Install QuickSwitch Magisk Module as mentioned above via Magisk.
- Install the modded APK from AndroidFileHost link, (Don’t set it as your default launcher)
- Open QuickSwitch from the stock launcher or any other launcher.
- Set “OnePlus Launcher” as your recent apps provider.
- Reboot your device.
- Set OnePlus Launcher as your default launcher.
- OnePlus Switch Now Gets Local Backup Feature With The Latest Update
- How to Perform Nandroid Backup and Restore it to your Android Device
- How to Backup Your Android Device Without Root