The latest version of Android, Android 8.0 Oreo has been recently released at the beginning of this month. This announcement was made by Google at an event held at the headquarters in San Francisco where the company revealed the name of the next version of Android as well as its version. Google also announced that the official update has already been released for the Nexus and Pixel devices. In terms of the Android 8.0 Oreo update, we have always seen that the Google branded devices like the Google Pixels and the Nexuses always get the update first but the other devices have to wait a very long time for their turn to get the taste of latest version of Android.
However, we have the developer community behind every device to thank for providing us with the latest update in form of custom ROMs. One such device to get the latest update is the Redmi Note 4 released by Xiaomi in the beginning of this year. This build released for the device is LineageOS 15.0 but note that this is an unofficial build so bugs are expected from this build.
Now, if you want Android 8.0 Oreo on your Redmi Note 4 then you can flash the LineageOS 15.0 on the device as soon as possible but note that bugs are expected.
- You might be aware that during flashing of ROMs, all the data gets completely wiped out. So, take a full backup of your device data before proceeding.
- Charge your device so that it should have at least 50% of battery charge.
- Your device must be rooted. It must also have TWRP installed.
If you are new to the process of flashing your device with Custom ROM, you should take extreme care to follow the following steps minutely and accurately. Any wrong step can ruin your new devices. Hence, proceed at your own risk and The DroidGuru won’t be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device while performing the following steps.
Steps to install Unofficial LineageOS 15.0 build on Redmi Note 4
- First of all, make sure that you have custom ROMs like TWRP installed on your device
- After that, you will have to boot your device into recovery by turning off your device and pressing Power+Volume Down button at the same time for 4-5 seconds.
- Once in TWRP, you will have to install the zip files which you have downloaded and transferred to your device.
- First of all, install the Unofficial LineageOS 15.0 zip file and then the GApps zip file
- After this, wipe the cache and data on your device and you will have LineageOS 15.0 on your Nexus 4 installed successfully
- After this, reboot your device and complete the setup process.
If you have any questions regarding this guide, leave a comment in the comments section down below so that we can assist you in the best way possible.