Android 8.0 Oreo has been released late last month and now the Android developer community has started to work o bringing the latest version of Android to all the devices around the world. We have already seen that many of the devices like the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 that have come to end of life in terms of official support have already received their Android Oreo custom ROMs and now one more device is getting the Android 8.0 Oreo update in form of LineageOS 15.0
One interesting thing to note here is that Asus has not revealed that the company plans to release the Android 8.0 Oreo update on Asus Zenfone 2 series and if this is the case then the custom ROM is the only option to get the update on the device.Follow the given guide to install LineageOS 15 On Asus Zenfone 2 Laser which will update your device to Android 8.0
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What’s not working:
- Speakers don’t work on ZE600KL model
- SELinux is permissive
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15.0 For Zenfone 2 Laser (Model Z00L) | Download LineageOS 15.0 For Zenfone 2 Laser (Model Z00T)
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- TWRP Recovery For Zenfone 2 Laser Model Z00L | TWRP Recovery For Zenfone 2 Laser Model Z00T
- Magisk Zip File Latest
Steps To Install LineageOS 15 On Asus Zenfone 2 Laser | Android Oreo (Unofficial)
- First of all, make sure to check the model number on your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser as there are two different model numbers, Z00L and Z00T.
- Once you have confirmed your model number, you can proceed to the next step
- Download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links with the appropriate model number and then move them to the internal storage of your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the Custom TWRP recovery.
- First take a nandroid backup of your current ROM, so that you can restore it later if anything goes wrong.
- Now Follow the guide below to install the custom LineageOS 15.0 ROM via TWRP
- After flashing the ROM flash the GApps pack and Magisk (similar way)
- As soon as the flashing is done, reboot your device to boot into LineageOS 15 ROM.