The Mi A1 is the first stock Android device along with Android One platform-based device from Xiaomi. The device was received Android Oreo as a first major update. Recently the device gets the second major Android update. Now the Xioami providing Mi A1 Android Pie 10.0.4.0 update officially with the latest January Security Patch. The OTA update brings a few system improvements and comes with the version number of 10.0.4.0.PDHMIXM. Just follow the guide mentioned below to download and install Mi A1 10.0.4.0 Android Pie update.
Read More: Xiaomi Mi A1 rolls out Android 9 Pie update officially
The Android 9.0 Pie features all the goodies to the Xiaomi Mi A1. Such as swipe gesture navigation, digital wellbeing, app timer, app slices, recent UI, notification UI and more. The users will also get the adaptive battery and brightness features as well with this stable update. If you can wait for a few more weeks to get the OTA update easily on your device, it’s okay. But if you don’t want to wait further, just follow the steps to install the file properly.
Download Mi A1 Android Pie 10.0.4.0 Update (January Security Patch)
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie 10.0.4.0.PDHMIFK OTA (Recovery) – Download
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Pie 10.0.4.0.PDHMIFK (Fastboot) – Download
- This installation method will work only on Xiaomi Mi A1. Don’t try the file on any other device.
- Make sure what are you doing. Otherwise, you may brick your device. thedroidguru will not be responsible for any damage to your phone.
- The process could delete all of your device data. So it’s highly recommended to take a complete backup of your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your device.
- Should be Unlocked Bootloader of your device.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50%-60% battery charged to prevent any occasional shutdown/restart issue during installation.
- Android 9.0 Pie based LineageOS available for Mi A1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 On Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- How to Perform Nandroid Backup and Restore it to your Android Device
Steps to Install Xioami Mi A1 Android Pie 10.0.4.0 File:
There are two different installation methods available for the Xiaomi devices to flash ROM file. Both the methods are given below.
Method: 01 Recovery Installation (Recommended)
- First, you need to download and install a Custom Recovery file on your Mi A1. (If you have already installed it, follow the next line)
- Then Download Mi A1 10.0.4.0 Recovery ROM file from the download link given above.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Here you can also backup your device system file and data from the TWRP. (For extra safety – Depends on you)
- Now go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data > then swipe to confirm factory reset. (This will erase all of your device data)
- Now, go back to the main TWRP menu and select Install > select the downloaded Recovery ROM zip file > swipe to install the file. (Please wait until the installation completes)
- Now go to the main menu again and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache again.
- Reboot your device normally, wait for 10-15 minutes to boot up completely.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Method: 02 Fastboot Installation (Requires PC, Windows USB Drivers, Mi Flash Tool)
- Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and save it on your PC/Laptop.
- Download the Mi A1 v10.0.4.0.PDHMIFK Fastboot ROM file to your PC.
- Switch off and boot your Mi A1 into Fastboot mode and connect to your PC via USB cable.
- Now, Open the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool application and click on Refresh option to recognize the connected Fastboot device.
- When it will be recognized and shows your device list on the device-id area, you’re good to go.
- Now simply extract the downloaded ROM file on your computer and copy the file location.
- Just paste the copied file location to the address bar on Mi Flash Tool.
- Click on the flash option to flash the ROM file. Wait for 10-15 minutes to complete the flashing process.
- When the flashing completed successfully, it will automatically boot your device into the new update. Just wait and set up the device.
- Done. Enjoy!