The Essential Phone is discontinued currently as the Essential PH-2 development is in the works. Just like the Google Pixel devices, Essential Phone also provides faster and frequent Android updates with the security patch. The January 2019 Security Patch is now available officially for Essential Phone. Here in this post, we will talk about How to Download Essential Phone January 2019 Security Patch Update easily. The OTA update is a gradual process, so it could take a few days to roll-out globally.
The Stable Android Pie update version PPR1.181005.116 for Essential Phone now brings the latest January 2019 Security Patch as well. It also includes a few system improvements and optimizations reportedly. The OTA update offers to hide the notch option as well. You can download the Essential Phone vPPR1.181005.116 OTA file from below.
Download Essential Phone January 2019 Security Patch
Now you can easily download the official OTA file for the Essential PH-1 to get the January 2019 Security Patch. Just follow the mentioned steps given below to install the latest OTA file.
Steps to Install vPPR1.181005.116 OTA on Essential PH-1:
- Enable ‘USB debugging‘ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to device Settings > About phone > then tap the Build Number 7 times. Go back to the main Settings menu again and scroll down to see Developer Options.
- Download install ADB and fastboot driver for Windows or install ADB and Fastboot for Mac easily. (Important)
- Download Android Pie OTA file for Essential PH-1 from the given download link.
- Copy the ROM OTA file to the same folder where adb is installed.
- Now Switch Off your phone and boot into Recovery mode.
- Choose Apply Update from ADB.
- Now Connect your phone to your Laptop/PC.
- Go to ADB folder > open command here (press shift+right click).
- Type the following command to check the list and hit enter↵
- Check whether your device is connected and showing or not. If it shows, you’re ready to flash the file.
- Flash the OTA file on your Essential PH-1 by typing the following command and hit enter↵
adb sideload File Name.zip
- Now, wait until the process is done completely, then Reboot the device.
- Done. Enjoy!
Must Read: Essential Phone’s Android Q update confirmed