In this article, we gonna show you How to Install TWRP recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi 6. If you are the user of Xiaomi Mi 6 and are looking for a working guide to root your Xiaomi Mi 6 to enjoy the additional and hidden feature of Mi 6 then this guide will help you today in Rooting and Installing TWRP recovery. The first step is we will install the TWRP recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot and then flash the supersu on Xiaomi Mi 6. (Root and Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6)
Before installing TWRP recovery, make sure that your bootloader of Mi 6 is unlocked if it isn’t then head over to Unlock bootloader guide. Xiaomi Mi 6 is the latest device by Xiaomi. It is recently released in some countries. There are many advantages of rooting and installing custom recovery one of the famous advantages is that you can flash the custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Resurrection remix and much more. (Root and Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6 )
- You can install custom ROM or custom kernel to unlock more features in your device.
- You can install Xposed Framework to tweak your device.
- Increase battery life and performance by killing background running apps
- You can uninstall Pre-installed (System) Apps.
- You can backup and restore your data easily.
- You can install Mods developed by Android Communities.
TheDroidGuru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly, or else it may lead to brick your device. TheDroidGuru.com is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
- Download TWRP zip file
- Save downloaded TWRP recovery file inside the ADB folder
- Rename the TWRP file to TWRP.img
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder. by holding the shift key + right mouse click on an empty space in the folder and click on “Open command window here” option to launch a CMD.
- Now boot your Mi 6 into bootloader mode by executing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the below command to install the TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now execute the following command, to reboot your device in recovery mode,
fastboot boot twrp.img
Steps to Root your device via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and save the file in your device.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time. As soon as your device screen goes black, immediately leave the Volume down button and swap to Volume Up button while still holding other 2 buttons. Keep the 3 buttons pressed until you get into TWRP Recovery.
- Click on “Wipe” in the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Now go back to TWRP main menu, Click on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you saved in your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” to begin the installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your SuperSU is successfully installed, click on “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.