- 1 Customize OnePlus 6T Fingerprint Scanner Icon or Animation (root)
- 2 How to Enable OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Fingerprint Animation
Since the 2016 year, OnePlus does come with two different models every year as a flagship killer smartphone. This year the company launched OnePlus 6 and then recently launched OnePlus 6T with In-Display Fingerprint Scanner. A few weeks ago, OnePlus also announced OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition smartphone with 10GB RAM as a special edition. Last year also OnePlus partnered with McLaren to launch a beautifully designed and crafted premium handset. The main highlight of the OnePlus 6T device is the fingerprint scanner. This is quite fast and accurate in terms of other in-display fingerprint sensor equipped devices. Now the XDA Developers team members introduced the unique way to add customizable icon or animation to the OnePlus 6T. Here we will talk about how to customize OnePlus 6T fingerprint scanner icon or animation easily.
Must Read: How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T
Customize OnePlus 6T Fingerprint Scanner Icon or Animation (root)
The OnePlus 6T forum moderator Zacharee1 has shared a mod which will let you change the default fingerprint icon or animation.
- Use any image you want (large ones may need to be manually resized)
- Tint the chosen image any color
- Separate image and tint settings for the “normal” and “disabled” icons
- Disable the fingerprint read animation
How to Install the Mod
- Download the OPSystemUI.apk and OPFPControl.apk files from following links.
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery mode.
- Go to Mount and check “system” option.
- Push OPSystemUI.apk to /system/system/priv-app/OPSystemUI/ and make sure to set permissions to 644.
- Reboot to system mode.
- Download and install OPFPControl.apk file normally.
- Open OPFPControl and customize it!
How to Enable OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Fingerprint Animation
While another XDA Forum Member Lartsch has shared an easy way to change the default fingerprint animation to McLaren fingerprint animation without root access. Follow the below guide on how to enable Oneplus 6T McLaren edition fingerprint animation on standard OnePlus 6T model without a PC or root or module or app.
- OxygenOS 9.0.9 version or above (OB1 works, TMO works but on INTL only)
- Either the app below, adb, magisk, or any other root.
Step: 1 – Super Easy | No Root | Recommended
- Download the Settings Database Editor app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app and select “System table”.
- Next search for the line “op_custom_unlock_animation_style” > select the line to “Edit value”.
- Enter 3 (no quotes) and confirm the changes.
- Now the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition animation will work. Enjoy.
Step: 2 – ADB Needed | No Root
- Set up ADB on your PC first.
- Connect your OnePlus 6T device via USB cable > verify your adb device list from the command prompt by typing following command.
- After typing hit enter.
- Then type the following command and hit enter again.
adb shell settings put system op_custom_unlock_animation_style 3
- You’re all done. Enjoy.