Here we will be sharing a detailed guide which will help you to safely Download and Install OxygenOS 9.0.2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. Both the OTA and the Full ROM files are available for manual installation.
OnePlus has released the Oxygen OS 9.0 just a few weeks ago and that was the first official Android 9.0 Pie ROM for both OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. The Original update was stable but there are some minor issues with the connectivity and stability, to fix those they release the next Oxygen OS 9.0.1 update. Now the company has started rolling out another update.
The new Oxygen OS 9.0.2 is a very small incremental update. You can call it a Hotfix update which addresses the WiFi connectivity issue with some third-party applications. The update is rolling out as an OTA (Over-the-air) in some regions. You can also manually check for updates in Settings > System Updates > Check for Update
Get OxygenOS 9.0.2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T with VPN
- Download SuperVPN from play store
- Now select Germany region and start the VPN
- Now Got to Settings > System Update > Check For Update
- The latest OxygenOS 9.0.1 Pie based update should be there
- Just download and install the OTA normally.
OxygenOS 9.0.2 Changelogs
- Fixed WiFi connectivity issue with certain third-party Apps
- Fixed issue with physical/capacitive navigation buttons not working at times(OnePlus 5 only)
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized sRGB display mode
- Optimized Reading mode
- Fixed issue with 4G VoLTE toggle missing
- Fixed random reboots when Screen Casting
TheDroidGuru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5T Smartphone.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly, or else it may lead to brick your device.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Download OxygenOS 9.0.2 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T
- OxygenOS 9.0.2 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download, Mirror
- OxygenOS 9.0.2 Full ROM for OnePlus 5T –Download, Mirror
How to Install OxygenOS 9.0.2 Update on OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T
Make sure USB debugging enabled on your device, now connect your OnePlus to your PC
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Now Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the given command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the following commands to flash the update
adb sideload file_name.zip
- Reboot the device when the process is completed
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 5/5T. The steps to do this are:
- Download and save the file on your device’s root folder
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Just flash the Firmware (OxygenOS 9.0.2) zip file like any other Custom ROM.