You can now Install TWRP and Root Moto G5 easily. All you need is to unlock the bootloader of your Moto G5, to begin with, after that you can get the root access on your Moto G5 with the help of TWRP Recovery. Gratefully, however, the organisation is keeping to its guarantee with simple bootloader unlocking and a developer friendly device that you can root, install custom ROMs and you can play with several Mods from XDA members and other Android developers.
By Installing TWRP the bootloader you can install custom recovery and it even helps you in rooting your devices. Moto G5 accompanies AOSP stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box, it offers insignificant customization. Considering the device is generally new, it will set aside some time for the developers to develop custom ROMs for the device.
- You can install custom ROM or custom kernel to unlock more features in your device.
- You can install Xposed Framework to tweak your device.
- Increase battery life and performance by killing background running apps
- You can uninstall Pre-installed (System) Apps.
- You can backup and restore your data easily.
- You can install Mods developed by Android Communities.
In this article, We will guide you how to TWRP and Root Moto G5. Follow the below step by step guide.
TheDroidGuru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for Moto G5 Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly, or else it may lead to brick your device. TheDroidGuru.com is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Steps to Install TWRP and Root Moto G5
- Download TWRP zip file
- Save downloaded TWRP recovery file inside the ADB folder
- Rename the TWRP file to TWRP.img
- Now open the command window from the ADB & Fastboot folder. by holding the shift key + right mouse click on an empty space in the folder and click on “Open command window here” option to launch a CMD.
- Now boot your Moto G5 into bootloader mode by executing the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the below command to install the TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now execute the following command, to reboot your device in recovery mode,
fastboot boot twrp.img
Steps to Root your device via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and save the file in your device.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time. As soon as your device screen goes black, immediately leave the Volume down button and swap to Volume Up button while still holding other 2 buttons. Keep the 3 buttons pressed until you get into TWRP Recovery.
- Click on “Wipe” in the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Now go back to TWRP main menu, Click on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you saved in your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” to begin the installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your SuperSU is successfully installed, click on “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.