Huawei recently announced on Weibo site that they upgrading the Huawei MediaPad M5 tablet to feature GPU Turbo technology. This update will start rolling out from this month. That will turn all the Huawei MediaPad M5 tablet devices into a first-ever GPU Turbo technology enabled tablet.
Huawei MediaPad M5 Specifications
The Huawei MediaPad M5 was launched in April this year with three variants. Such as the 8.4-inch model, 10.8-inch model, and a MediaPad M5 Pro device. Both the Huawei MediaPad M5 and MediaPad M5 Pro tablet devices are powered by HiSilicon Kirin 960 flagship SoC. However, this flagship CPU processing power limited up to highest 4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage options.
- 8.4-inch 2560×1600 pixels resolution with the enhanced ClariVu display.
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 series CPU.
- 4GB RAM+32GB storage and 4GB RAM+64GB storage.
- Android 8.0 Oreo on the top of EMUI 8.0.
- Rear camera: 13 MP, F2.2, Auto Focus (PDAF) – No LED flash.
- Front camera: 8 MP, F2.2, Fixed focus – – No LED flash.
- LTE/GSM/WCDMA SIM support.
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz), Dual Stereo Speaker, 3.5mm audio jack, USB-C port etc.
- Gravity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint sensor, Hall effect sensor, Status indicator etc.
- 5,100mAh battery with Quick Charge 9V/2A support.
- HUAWEI Histen sound effect, Harman Kardon audio certified, Supports Hi-Res Audio.
- Colors – Champagne Gold and Space Grey.
- Measures 124.8×212.6×7.3mm and weight 316 grams.
Huawei GPU Turbo Technology
The update will improve the performance and stability of CPU and GPU over multi-tasking and especially on seamless gaming. The GPU Turbo technology increased the graphics performance over power efficiency up to 60% than the previous version. This is mainly based on NPU and AI processing power. It also reduces up to 30% of overall power consumption. Recently, Huawei announced about the upgrade of Huawei SuperCharge technology up to 40W which will compete with Oppo VOOC charging technology. The Huawei SuperCharge will provide a full day’s of usage by 15 minutes of charge only.