Xiaomi launched affordable flagship killer Poco F1 a few months ago. Now the company has started rolling out official Android 9.0 Pie update over MIUI 10. Meanwhile, the device also receiving new Custom ROMs based on Android Pie. The Pixel Experience ROM for Poco F1 has been released including Google Pixel like stock interface. Most of the Android Pie features are included in this ROM. In this post, we will talk about how to download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Poco F1 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
This is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) firmware based custom ROM. One of the recognized developers from XDA Developers team ‘jhenrique09’ has released the beta ROM. However, the official MIUI 10 update comes with Android Pie to Poco F1. But if you don’t like the MIUI skin or you want to get a taste of Pie stock experience, you can install it.
Read Also: Xiaomi brings an update to Poco F1 with 960fps videos and super low-light mode
The Pixel Experience ROM comes with preloaded Google Apps and all Pixel goodies. Such as launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation. So you don’t need to flash GApps manually. The developers are trying to provide stability and security with all essential features. To install the ROM, you have to install TWRP Recovery first. Then if you want to root your device, you can install SuperSU file from TWRP easily.
Pixel Experience ROM on Poco F1
The Pixel Experience ROM comes with Android 9.0 Pie features. Such as Adaptive Battery and Brightness, Digital Wellbeing, App Timer, App Slices, Recent UI, Notification Panel, Swipe Gesture Navigation etc. The update also comes with August Security Patch. The ROM is almost working fine with a few bugs.
Now let’s talk about what’s working fine?
- Mobile data
- Fingerprint reader
- Sound / Vibration
Known Issues or Bugs:
- IR Camera
Pixel Experience 9.0 Pie ROM Details:
- ROM OS Version: Android 9.0.0_r21 Pie
- ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
- ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked Bootloader
- Based On: AOSP
- Status: Beta
- Security Patch: December 2018
- Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
- Contributor: jhenrique09
- Created: 2018-10-22
- Last Updated: 2018-12-07
Now let’s talk about how to download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Poco F1.
Must Read: How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Poco F1
- This guide and files are only for Poco F1. Don’t try to flash these files on any other device.
- Take a complete backup of your device before doing anything. (Here is the guide)
- Make sure your device battery should be charged above 60%-70%.
- Install Custom TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Need to enable USB Debugging and Unlock the Bootloader.
- After installing TWRP, you need to root your device.
Editor’s Choice: Download & Install GAPPS For Android 9 Pie [Pie GAPPS] [How To]
Disclaimer! Please make sure that what you’re doing with your device. The rooting process doesn’t void your Xiaomi device but any mistake can cause damage your phone. So if you don’t have any flashing knowledge, don’t try without any guidance.
How to install Pixel Experience ROM on Poco F1 (Steps)
- Download the required files from the above links and save them to external storage of your device. (MicroSD card / Pendrive)
- Switch off your Poco F1 device then press and hold the volume down + power button together for a few seconds to enter in TWRP Recovery mode.
- Go to Advance option and wipe Data, System, Internal Storage, Cache, and Dalvik.
- Now install the downloaded Pixel Experience ROM zip file from the external storage and swipe to flash.
- Wait for almost 10-15 minutes to complete the flashing process. Have some patience.
- Then Reboot your device from TWRP and wait for another 5-10 minutes to boot your device completely. (Please Note: Sometimes the first boot can take longer time, so stay calm and wait)
- Now your Poco F1 handset should boot into Pixel Experience ROM over Android 9 Pie.
Hope you have successfully installed the custom ROM on your device. Write down your comment below about your stock like custom ROM experience.