- 1 Qualcomm New Chipset For Smartwatches
- 1.1 RelatedPosts
- 1.2 PUBG Mobile 0.10.0 version available, Vikendi Snow Map and more
- 1.3 Download and Install Pixel Experience ROM on Mi A2 based on Android 9.0 Pie (How to)
- 1.4 What are the compatible Android devices with Fortnite Game? (2018 Dec)
- 1.5 How to download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Poco F1 (Android 9 Pie)
Qualcomm sent invites for an event which will be held in San Francisco on September 10. As per the given poster image, it’s clearly showing that Qualcomm will announce their next generation smartwatch chipset. This one will be the successor of the last generation 2016’s Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform. This Wear 2100 SoC is enhanced for both 3G/4G LTE connectivity with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tethering.
Qualcomm New Chipset For Smartwatches
The Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC comes with a Quad ARM Cortex-A7 up to 1.2Ghz with Adreno 304 GPU. This features most of the connectivity options including GPS, Gen 8C Satellite, GLONASS etc. and supports Quick Charge as well. This one is the power efficient too. So, the new upcoming SoC will be much powerful and energy efficient also. Qualcomm and Google both were working on the new chipset that will be designed for multiple uses and Artificial Intelligence powered.
Most of the Android Wear OS powered smartwatches and wearables will be packed with a new processor after the launch. However, there is no confirmation about the smartwatch release date with the new chipset. Recently, the Snapdragon Wear 2500 platform, but that’s designed for low-end kids’ watches over custom Android UI.
However, Google is working on the Pixel Smartwatch over Wear OS. There could also be a possibility to launch the Pixel Smartwatch on September 10.