The HMD Global is very much sure and focused on their major Android updates to Nokia devices. Recently, the Nokia 6.1, Nokia 6.1 Plus, and Nokia 7 Plus devices got Android Pie update officially. Now it’s time for the Nokia 8 Sirocco model to get the Pie update. Nokia now released the official stable Pie update for Nokia 8 Sirocco with a build number of v4.120. It also brings the December 2018 Security Patch and all the latest Android Pie goodies. Here in this post, we will talk about How to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 8 Sirocco.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco device gets the Android 9.0 Pie update and it features so many improvements and system stability. Although the Nokia 8 Sirocco runs on Android One platform which ensures the latest and faster major Android and security updates up to two years at least. The Android 9 Pie features Digital Wellbeing, App Timer, App Slices, Swipe Gesture Navigation, Recent UI, Notification UI, Adaptive Battery, and Brightness etc. Download and install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 8 Sirocco with the following steps easily.
Download Android 9 Pie OTA for Nokia 8 Sirocco
If you’re interested in using the latest version of Android, you can download stable Android 9.0 Pie OTA version 4.120 for Nokia 8 Sirocco from here. Otherwise, you can wait for a few days to get the official OTA notification on your device. Due to the gradual roll-out process, it will take some time as usual. But don’t be in a hurry to flash the OTA file if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- This installation method will work only on Nokia 8 Sirocco. Don’t try the file on any other device.
- Make sure what are you doing. Otherwise, you may brick your device. thedroidguru will not be responsible for any damage to your phone.
- The process could delete all of your device data. So it’s highly recommended to take a complete backup of your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your device.
- Should be Unlocked Bootloader of your device.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50%-60% battery charged to prevent any occasional shutdown/restart issue during installation.
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 8 Sirocco:
There are two different installation methods available for the Nokia devices to flash the ROM file. Both the methods are given below. If you’re already using the Android P Beta build on your Nokia 8 Sirocco, just download the OTA file and sideload it (not required to delete data).
Method: 01 Recovery Installation (Recommended)
- Download the OTA zip file from the above link and save it on your device.
- Go to the downloaded file and rename that file to update.zip
- Copy the OTA file to the device’s root directory of internal storage.
- Open the Dialer App from your device and simply dial *#*#874#*#* to update it.
- Wait for the update to finish and restart (when prompted).
Method: 02 Apply Update from ADB
- First, enable USB Debugging from the device Settings as mentioned earlier (Check Pre-Requirements).
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool for Windows or ADB and Fastboot Tool for Mac/Linux.
- Now just copy and paste the downloaded OTA file to the installed ADB folder.
- Switch off your Nokia 8 Sirocco and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Now choose the Apply update from ADB option from the recovery menu (by using volume up/down + power button).
- Connect your device with a PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- Go to the installed ADB folder and open command prompt there.
- Now type the following command to check whether your device is connected or not.
- Now flash the OTA file on your device by typing the following command.
adb sideload update.zip
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the installation process.
- Reboot your phone and complete first boot setup.
- You’re done. Enjoy!