Motorola launched the Moto G5 and the Moto G5 Plus as their flagship smartphones in the Moto G series of smartphones which has been known for releasing mid-range devices at a reasonable price. The Moto G series smartphones are also known for their customizing via the custom ROMs from the recent times and the development of custom ROMs for the devices have increased from the recent times.
Now, the Moto G5 Plus has received the unofficial LineageOS 15.0 ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide down below so that you can download and install the ROM on your device as well. Also, make sure to follow the steps properly from the guide to have an easy and safe installation of the ROM
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15.0 For Moto G5 Plus
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- TWRP Recovery For Moto G5 Plus
- Magisk Zip File Latest
Steps To Install LineageOS 15.0 ROM On Moto G5 Plus
- First of all, you will have to download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links in the Downloads section and then move them to the internal storage of your Moto G5 Plus.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the TWRP recovery by holding the power and volume buttons for 4-5 seconds till your device boots into the recovery menu
- Now, in order to install the custom LineageOS ROM via TWRP, you should follow the guide attached below
- After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack and Magisk in the same way as the ROM installation
- Once the zip installation is done, reboot your device and it should boot into LineageOS 15.0 ROM.