Download and Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 Stable ROM for Redmi 4X, Xiaomi Today has recently announced its rollout of MIUI 9 update on across all the devices which are launched in India after from 2015 to 2017. And expectedly Xiaomi Redmi 4X has started receiving the MIUI 9 Stable Rom with many new added features which we will discuss below.
As reported by many users, the update has started hitting via OTA and can be installed with just a click, But if you have a Xiaomi Redmi 4X and still didn’t got the MIUI 9 update yet, Well don’t worry the manual installation process is very simple and can be easily done.
Some of the features you need to watch out for after installing MIUI 9 ROM are overall new design, handy shortcuts on the lock screen, split screen and image feature search to distinguish images by keywords.
The new Smart Assistant feature will let you search anything and you can find it just by swiping the home screen to the right. There will be useful widgets like Apple’s Spotlight feature. It is needless to say that battery and device performance will be significantly better. There will be three new themes as well. The latest security patch of Android 7.0 Nougat is also included to prevent various ransomware attacks.
Download MIUI 220.127.116.11 Stable ROM for Redmi 4X
- MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM for Redmi 4X (Recovery ROM) – Download
- MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM for Redmi 4X (Fastboot ROM) – Download
- MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 4X – Coming Soon
Note: This firmware update should only be flashed on devices which are from the Chinese region, Also if you are flashing this update make sure your device has at least 60% of battery available otherwise if while flashing the update it gets lower down, It might lead to brick your device.
- The firmware is only forRedmi 4X Chinese Variant(as of now) and you should not try it on any other Xiaomi device because it might brick the device.
- You should have the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi 4X unlocked.
- Take a complete backup of device data as everything will be wiped out during the process.
- Keep the battery charge to 60% at least to prevent accidental shutdown.
TheDroidGuru will not be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device while executing the following step and hence, you should proceed at your own risk.
How To Flash / Install MIUI 9 Chinese/Global Stable ROM On Xiaomi Devices
Method 1: Flashing / Installing MIUI 8 Recovery ROM
- Download the MIUI 9 Chinese stable recovery ROM For your device from the download section above.
- Now Connect your Xiaomi device with your PC/laptop.
- Now Move the MIUI 9 Chinese Stable ROM files to your phone.
- Now go to updater App from your phone app menu, and Click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
- Done!! Your Xiaomi device should boot into the latest MIUI ROM.
Method 2: Flashing / Installing MIUI 9 FastBoot Rom:
- First, Download and Install Mi Flash tool in your PC/laptop.
- Now download the MIUI 9 Stable Fastboot ROM Update file from above link.
- Move the MIUI 9 Chinese Stable ROM files to the desktop of your PC/laptop.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
- Next, Connect your Xiaomidevice to PC/computer via micro USB cable.
- Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path (address) on the PC.
- Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path which you just copied
- Then click on the ‘Refresh‘ button.Your device should be recognised automatically
- After that click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM on Your Xiaomi Device
- The Firmware Flashing should be started, wait until the installation is done
- Your device will automatically boot into the latest Updated MIUI Firmware, once the flashing process is completed.
If you have any question or suggestion related to this post feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂