Xiaomi launched the latest smartphones in the Mi series of smartphones which were the Mi 5S and the Mi 5S Plus earlier this year which are the latest additions from the Mi lineup after the company launched the Xiaomi Mi 6 which is their flagship smartphone earlier this year. In terms of the Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus, the smartphones can be termed as the upgraded version of the Xiaomi Mi 5 which was launched last year.
Talking about the Mi 5S and 5S Plus, the smartphones have now received TWRP builds thanks to the developers at XDA. In case you don’t already know, the LinegaeOS 15 builds are based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The guide to install the ROMs has been mentioned by us below so you should follow it properly to have a safe installation.
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15.0 For Xiaomi Mi 5S | Download LineageOS 15.0 For Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- TWRP Recovery For Mi 5S | TWRP Recovery for Mi 5S Plus
- Magisk Zip File Latest
Steps To Install LineageOS 15.0 ROM On Mi 5S & Mi 5S Plus
- First of all, you will have to download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links in the Downloads section and then move them to the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the TWRP recovery by holding the power and volume buttons for some seconds till your device boots into the recovery menu
- Now, in order to install the custom LineageOS ROM via TWRP, you should follow the guide attached below
- After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack and Magisk in the same way as the ROM installation
- Once the zip installation is done, reboot your device and it should boot into LineageOS 15.0 ROM.