mentioned earlier that the mass production of Samsung Galaxy M10 and M20 has kicked off in India and will be official in 2019. Samsung is willing to take over the budget and mid-range segment smartphone market in India with its new M series devices. The Samsung Galaxy On and Galaxy J & C series phones can’t stand out individually in this market competition properly. While all other respective brands smartphones performing quite well in the budget and mid-range smartphone category. The new report surfaced online that Samsung has started the mass production of Samsung Galaxy M10 and M20 series devices in India. In this post, we will talk about the Samsung Galaxy M20 Stock ROM download and installation steps.s we
Samsung Galaxy M20 Details: Overview
Talking about the Samsung Galaxy M10 and M20 series smartphones, the rumored unofficial M10 and M20 could come with the model number of SM-M105F and SM-M205F respectively. According to the leaked Geekbench benchmark test result, the Galaxy M10 will come with Samsung’s Exynos 7870 octa-core chipset. It could be packed with a 3GB/4GB RAM and 16GB/32GB internal storage.
While the Galaxy M20 device could come with Exynos 7885 SoC coupled with 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB onboard storage capacity. Meanwhile, the AnTuTu result showing that the phone might appear with HD+ resolution, a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Till then, we have to wait for more information and leaks about the M series.
Download Samsung Galaxy M20 Stock ROM
The Samsung Galaxy M20 model number is SM-M205F as mentioned above. The stock firmware is based on Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box right now and comes with a software version of M205FDDU1ASA4. You can easily download the Galaxy M20 firmware file from here.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% of battery charge to reduce occasional shut down during the flash.
- Make Sure Samsung USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers On Windows or Mac (Important)
- Download latest ODIN Flash Tool (Windows and Mac).
- The Samsung Galaxy M20 firmware download link already given above. Download that Stock ROM file also.
- Now proceed to the installation method given below.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy M20 Stock ROM
- First, Download the Galaxy Firmware according to your device’s model number. If already downloaded then skip this line.
- After downloading the ROM file, if it’s in a (.zip) format then simply extract it on your PC/Laptop. You will get (.tar) or (.tar.md5) file.
- Download from the above link and Unzip the latest Odin Flash Tool zip file or the latest version (if any).
- Now run/open the Odin.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Now Boot your Samsung Galaxy device into Download Mode (Switch off your device then press Volume Down + Power + Home button simultaneously).
- Then press Volume Up button to continue to Download Mode.
- Now simply connect the phone to your PC via USB cable and the ODIN would notify a message.
- Choose Android Partition or System Partition in Odin Flash Tool and select the firmware file which you have downloaded earlier (in .tar.md5 format).
- Now Click on the ‘Start’ button below to start the flashing process. It will take some time so please be patient for at least 10-15 minutes normally.
- Once the flashing process completed, your phone will reboot automatically to the new system.
- Now your device should run on the Stock Firmware.
For more detailed flashing guide on Samsung Galaxy devices including custom recovery and other tricks/tips, visit thedroidguru website.