Android P Beta Developer Preview 3 now available for OnePlus 6 as Google started the public beta program from Google I/O 2018. Previously, only Google developers have the authority to fix bugs and made changes to Android beta versions but now some of the popular manufacturers are also on the list. Recently, OnePlus released the Project Treble support for OnePlus 5 and 5T devices, which will increase the custom kernel development through the updates.
Android P Beta Developer Preview 3 for OnePlus 6
OnePlus announced to provide the Android P Beta Developer Preview 3 to OnePlus 6 devices. You will not get this version via any OTA updates. If you wish to use this beta version then you have to install this manually. OnePlus warned to OnePlus 6 users that if anyone isn’t experienced about flashing ROMs manually then don’t try it. Because any mistake during flashing could damage your device to brick.
Android P Beta Developer Preview 3 Changelog
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
- Updated Google Mobile Services
- Improved system stability
- Fixed issue with hotspot functionality
- Improved image quality
- Fixed issue with watermark option functionality
3. Third-Party Apps
- Improved camera functionality with third-party apps
- Fixed compatibility issues with certain third-party apps
4. Other known Issues
– System stability and power consumption issues
– Compatibility issues with Bluetooth connectivity
- Third-Party Apps
– Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release
This build is only for developers and early users. As it is in an early stage of the development process, OnePlus don’t recommend to flash this ROM to less-experienced users. Still, if you want to try this build, do it at your own risk.
Caution: You should understand the risk of BRICKING your device, Please go through the all instructions carefully and be 100% sure of what you are doing, and it is recommended to keep always a full-backup of your important data before flashing. The flashing requires a PC with adb tools to go back to MP (Stable official version) Oreo version.
Please note: This instruction is only for OnePlus 6, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% (try to keep at least 60% charge) and minimum 3GB of available storage space.
Note 01: Instructions of upgrading from MP (Stable official version) version to DP (Developer Preview version) version – Local Upgrade process.
Please note: This upgrade will clear all data from your phone, so, please make sure to full backup.
1. Download the latest ROM upgrade package from the given link.
2. Copy the ROM package to your internal phone storage.
3. Go to Settings > system updates > tap on top right corner icon > select local upgrade > then click on the installation package > select immediately upgrade > system upgrade to 100%.
4. Turn off your device and then Press the power button + volume down simultaneously for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
5. Select Wipe data/factory reset option > use power button to select > select yes > then confirm.
6. Select Reboot system now.
7. Update successfully and enjoy.
Note 02: Instruction of upgrading from Developer Preview version to another Developer Preview version – Local Upgrade.
Please note: We highly recommend backing up of all your important data before flashing, even if a data wipe is not needed here.
1. Download the latest ROM upgrade package from the above link.
2. Copy ROM upgrade package to internal phone storage.
3. Go to Settings > system updates > tap on top right corner icon > local upgrade > click on the installation package > immediately upgrade > system upgrade to 100%.
4. Select Reboot system now.
5. Update successfully.
Note 03: Instructions of roll back from DP version to MP version – Local Rollback
Please note: This upgrade will clear all contents of the phone, please make sure to backup.
1. Go to Settings > System > About phone > Advance > scroll to the bottom and tap on Build number for the 5 times to enable Developer options.
2. Settings > System > Developer options > Open “OEM unlocking”.
3. Download the ROM rollback package [HERE].
4. Copy ROM rollback package to mobile phone storage root directory.
5. Go to Settings > system updates > top right corner icon > local upgrade > click on the installation package > immediately upgrade > system upgrade to 100%.
6. Select Reboot system now and update successfully.
If you have any queries or issues regarding ROM then OnePlus will solve via below given links. OnePlus mentioned:
1. We have space to talk about Android P features, welcome to raise any related questions here: https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/android-p-beta-project/
2. Please tell us if you’re seeing an issue with our operating system, we will check that every day: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ (remember to assign the category as OnePlus 6 with Android P)