OxygenOS is one of the best custom ROMs out there featuring stability and faster user experience similar to stock Android. While OnePlus provides great update support to all of their devices including Android update and latest security patch update as well. So, OnePlus is also rolling out the public beta updates to their users for better feedback just like Google, Xiaomi, Nokia, Huawei etc. Now the OxygenOS latest beta update supports Project Treble for OnePlus 5 and 5T devices. The OxygenOS open beta 13 for the OnePlus 5 and open beta 11 for the OnePlus 5T is available.
The Project Treble was announced before the Google I/O 2017 and supported for Android Oreo devices. The Project Treble basically modularize Android OEMs that update devices faster than before. So, the manufacturing company can push updates to those devices very easily. By separating the vendor HALs from the Android framework and providing a standard interface within the framework and HALs, Google made this feature for the device companies to roll out the newer version of Android faster.
This Project Treble supports for non-Google devices also like OnePlus 6, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Sony Xperia XZ2, Nokia 7 Plus etc. in Android Oreo and it enables early access to Android P Beta. Treble support is necessary for any device manufacturer these days while launching a device with Android Oreo version. Here is the full changelog for latest build:
Project Treble for OnePlus 5 and 5T – Open Beta Builds
- A brand new user interface
- Supported accent color (steps: Settings – Display – Customization)
- Supported Project Treble
After several months of evaluation and hard work, we finally found a solution to make this possible, and we are very excited to share this good news with you.
- Improved search tags in the app drawer
- Added “New installs” category tag in the app drawer
- Improved app list for hidden space and toolbox
- An optimized logic for the contacts page
- Brand new design with improved user experience
- All forecasts integrated under a single interface leading to a fully immersive experience.
Note: As this build supports Project Treble for OnePlus 5 and 5T and if you’re not running an Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 5 and an Open Beta 11 for OnePlus 5T, make sure you flash the builds before updating. Otherwise, you can clear all the data and cache from recovery before flashing the latest build on your devices.
Please keep in mind that this is a beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as OxygenOS official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you’re accepting the potential risks. If you found any bugs then report it to forums. Go to: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
- If you have already flashed Project Treble for OnePlus 5 and 5T Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- If you ARE NOT running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM found on the downloads page here: http://downloads.oneplus.com/ (requires full data wipe before updating from stable to open beta)
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)