- 1 Xiaomi Mi A2 RAM and Storage Variant
- 2 Xiaomi Mi A2 Specifications
- 3 Xiaomi Mi A2 Connectivity and Features
Xiaomi is expected to launch much-awaited Mi A2 on July 25 in Spain. The Xiaomi Mi A2 is the successor of the last generation Mi A1 device. This will be the Android One platform based device which will run on latest stock Android 8.1 Oreo version with latest security patch update. It is expected to get almost 2 years of future Android updates and the latest security updates on every Android One running devices.
Xiaomi Mi A2 RAM and Storage Variant
The Xiaomi Mi A2 device will be available in three color variants in Spain such as Gold, Blue, and Black. The device will come in 4GB RAM+32GB storage, 4GB+64GB, 4GB+128GB, and 6GB+128GB variant as per image given in MySmartPrice website. Whereas, the previous generation handset, Xiaomi Mi A1, was only launched with a 4GB+64GB variant.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Specifications
The Xiaomi Mi A2 will come with mid-range 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC (4 Kryo 260×2.2 GHz + 4 Kryo 260×1.8 GHz) coupled with Adreno 512 GPU and expandable MicroSD card option. The device could come with a 5.99-inch Full HD+ display with 2160×1080 pixels resolution. The aspect ratio will be an 18:9 including 2.5D curved glass for the premium look. The Mi A2 will be packed with Corning Gorilla glass protection.
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS LCD display, FHD+ 2160 × 1080 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla glass protection
- Processor: 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC with Adreno 512 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 12MP primary sensor, 20MP secondary sensor, Bokeh Effect, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 20MP sensor (Sony IMX376), f/1.75 aperture, Soft-LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with Stock Android (Android One Platform)
- Connectivity: LTE Dual-SIM, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, A-GPS+, GLONASS, USB-C Port, 3.5mm audio jack, IR Blaster etc.
- Sensors: Gyro, Compass, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall, Magnetometer, Face detection, Fingerprint Sensor etc.
- Battery: 3010mAh, Qualcomm QC 3.0 support
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold variant
The Xiaomi Mi A2 will feature a dual rear camera of a 12MP+20MP sensor with LED flash. Whereas the primary 12MP sensor will have f/1.8 and 1.25µm pixels and the secondary 20MP sensor will have f/1.8 and 1.0µm pixels. Both the sensors are capable of capturing nice portrait shots including auto-HDR, phase detection autofocus, panorama, and 4K video recording as well. The front of the device will have a single 20MP selfie camera with f/1.8 aperture lens for taking nice portrait selfies and recording 1080P @30fps videos.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Connectivity and Features
The Xiaomi Mi A2 includes connectivity features like Bluetooth v5.0 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS+, GLONASS, Geo-tagging, USB-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, LTE dual-SIM slot, IR blaster etc. The device will come with a 3,010mAh battery including Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support. All other major sensors will be available like Gyro, Compass, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall, Magnetometer, Face detection, fingerprint sensor etc.
The AnTuTu Benchmark score is around 1,34,292 points of Xiaomi Mi A2 device. The score is good enough for the mid-range smartphone. However, the actual device score could change after the global launch. Still, we can expect this type of benchmarking reults from Mi A2. There is no information about the price and availability in India till now. We have to wait for the launch event.