OnePlus 6 has received its first OxygenOS Open Beta Build on Android 9 Pie. After a few months, the company is now rolling out Open Beta 1 registrations and updates. The OnePlus 6 is one of the first few flagships that receive the latest Android 9.0 Pie update. The new OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 with Android Pie brings the new Do Not Disturb mode and Gaming mode 3.0 as well. Here the users need to download and install the ROM package file manually. The update file size is around 1.5GB.
According to the changelog by OnePlus Forum, the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 build brings the new interface of Android 9.0 Pie, new gesture navigation, and some other features and system improvements. Whereas the first beta does have some issues with it like Google Play Service not working, Google Play Store might show “Device is not Certified by Google” etc. But all of these bugs will be fixed very soon as this one is not a stable build.
OxygenOS Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 6: Changelog
1. Update system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android P
- New Android P gesture navigation
- Other new features and system improvements
2. Integrated OnePlus customization features
- Supported accent color customization
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming Mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
3. Known Issues
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
- Google Play Store might show “Device is not Certified by Google”
■ Guidelines for upgrading from Stable official version to Android P Beta version:
1. Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 ROM upgrade package from .
2. Copy the downloaded ROM package to your device storage.
3. Go to Settings > system updates > tap on the top right corner icon > select local upgrade > tap on the installation package > select immediately upgrade > system upgrade will be updated to 100%.
4. After installing the ROM, select reboot system now.
5. And you’re done. Enjoy the latest build.
■ Guidelines for upgrading from Developer Preview version to Android P Beta version
1. Download the latest ROM upgrade package from .
2. Copy the ROM upgrade file to your mobile internal storage.
3. Go to Settings > system updates > top right corner icon > local upgrade > click on the installation package > immediately upgrade > system upgrade to 100%.
4. Press the power button and choose to shut down.
5. Select Reboot system now.
6. Press the power button + volume down to enter recovery mode.
7. Select Wipe data/factory reset, click power, select yes, confirm.
8. Select Reboot system now.
9. Update successfully.
Please note: This upgrade will clear all device data, so please make sure to back up of your internal storage.
■ Guidelines for downgrading from Android P Beta version to MP version
1. Download the latest ROM downgrade package from .
2. Copy ROM rollback package to your phone storage root directory.
3. Settings > system updates > top right corner icon > local upgrade > click on the installation package > immediately upgrade > system upgrade to 100%.
4. Select Reboot system now.
5. Update successfully.
Please note: This upgrade will clear all the contents of your phone, please make sure to back up everything.
1. Before installing the ROM, please keep in mind that this is a beta build and these builds aren’t as stable as OnePlus official OTA updates. By installing this update, you will be the sole responsible person for any potential risks of your device during or after the installing process. Please do remember to mention about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ (please assign the category as OnePlus 6 with Android P)
2. Make sure to give a feedback about the beta builds on OnePlus Forum.