- 1 RelatedPosts
- 2 How to Download MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 5A (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- 3 How to Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini (Android 9 Pie)
- 4 How to Download and install OxygenOS Android Pie Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro (Ported)
- 5 How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Lenovo A7000 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
OnePlus 6, the latest flagship from the Chinese smartphone maker has become the newest member of the Android 9.0 Pie family as OnePlus announced the release of Android 9.0 Pie for all the OnePlus 6 users worldwide.
The OxygenOS 9.0 update, One Plus’ custom Android OS, built atop Android 9.0 Pie was in closed beta for the past couple of months. The company then on Friday, 21st September announced the availability of the update to the general public.
OnePlus 6 was one of the devices in the world that was a part of the initial bunch of devices which hot the Android 9.0 Beta update right when it was announced by Google at the I/O 2018. With Google bringing ‘Project Treble’ with Android 8.0 Oreo to ease the process of Android updation, it is no surprise that OnePlus managed to roll out an update of their customized OS within one and a half month of the OS’ release.
However, OnePlus’ rollout of Android 9.0 Pie should be something that other Android OEM’s should look up at. For they were able to roll out a customized ROM in such a less time, even the Android One devices from OEM’s like HMD Global, Moto have yet to get the Android 9.0 Pie update.
The update weighs 1521 MB in size, and the official changelog reads:
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
As always, the update rollout would be occurring in phases and the availability may vary by a few days depending on the region or carrier.
Apart from the OP 6, the OnePlus 5/5T and the OnePlus 3/3T would be getting the Android 9.0 Pie based OxygenOS 9.0 update.