The official Android 9.0 Pie Beta is available for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S device. Now you can enjoy the latest Android P Developer Preview on your Mi Mix 2S smartphone like the Google Pixel device. The Google Pixel and Essential PH-1 are already rolling out Android 9.0 Pie Global Stable version from August 6, 2018. All the other compatible devices will get the OTA update soon. But if you want to experience the latest Android version, read this full post – how to download and flash Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S device.
Due to the Project Treble support, not only the stock Android devices but the non-pixel devices are also capable of installing Android 9.0 Pie. The Developer Preview Build is available for most of the first batch supported devices. The update will bring so many new features and customizations over minimal look and system UI. The Android P includes the latest security patch, optimized app activity, recent UI, notification UI, swipe gesture navigation, Bluetooth and media controls, camera improvement, and most useful AI-based Digital Wellbeing feature.
Flash Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi already released a developer build update in version 8.8.9 (MIUI 10) China ROM. The Global stable ROM is still based on Android 8.1 Oreo version. Hopefully, Xiaomi will release an OTA update within a few weeks to the Global stable version.
Please Note – The Android 9.0 Pie over MIUI custom ROM doesn’t come with the stock Android UI or features. However, you can enjoy the latest Android version with MIUI’s own customized interface and some features. So, if in case you want to use the stable version, please wait for few weeks for the official update. And before doing anything regarding your device ROM flash, kindly run a full backup of your device internal storage.
Believe me, always taking a backup is a good practice for all.
To install the latest China Beta ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, you will need to download the Android 9.0 Pie Recovery ROM for Mi Mix 2S from below.
- A laptop/PC is needed to complete the flashing process via the Fastboot method.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your PC
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC
- Download and install Mi Flash Tool on the computer
- USB Debugging must be enabled
- Device Bootloader should be unlocked
- The device should be charged at least 60%-70%
- Download any of the ROM file from given below link and save it to your computer.
How To Flash Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
You can install Android 9.0 Pie ROM on Mi Mix 2S via Fastboot or Recovery ROM. Please make sure that you have downloaded the MIUI China Beta ROM for installation process. Please follow the below steps to flash.
- Switch off your smartphone and connect it to your Windows laptop/PC via USB cable. Then press the mobile power button + volume down button simultaneously for a few seconds to appear the Fastboot screen.
- Go to your downloaded MIUI .zip file and extract it.
- Now go to the extracted ROM file folder and copy the path on the computer.
- Open the MiFlashTool.exe application and paste the copied path location into the address bar and hit the refresh button.
- A fastboot device connected list will appear then press the flash button to start the flashing process.
- It will take some time so, please keep patience. After the flashing successfully done, the result tab will be green.
- Don’t do anything. Your device will automatically boot into the new MIUI version. Again it will take almost 10-15 minutes to boot up your device for the first time after the flash. So, wait for the MIUI 10 Android 9.0 Pie OS welcome screen.
- All done. Enjoy.
This is the full guideline about how to Flash Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. If you’re facing any issues regarding the flashing process, let us know in the comments below.