Xiaomi recently started rolling out official Android Pie update to Xiaomi Poco F1 devices. The successor Redmi Note 5 Pro is the most anticipated smartphone to get Android 9.0 Pie update. As Xiaomi devices run on MIUI custom skin, most of the devices only get MIUI version updates. However, there is no information about the time frame of Pie update on Redmi Note 5 Pro devices. In this post, we will talk about how to install OxygenOS ported ROM Android Pie Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
The device yet to receive the official Android Pie build over MIUI 10. But already so many custom ROMs are available for this device. Recently, the handset gets support for OxygenOS ROM based on Android Pie Beta. The OxygenOS is the primary OS of OnePlus globally. Most of the OnePlus devices already gets official Android Pie update.
So, the XDA Developers team has ported OxygenOS ROM based on Android Pie Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro handsets unofficially. The Android Pie ROM is ported from OnePlus 5T mainly.
Now you may ask. Why from OnePlus 5T?
It’s only because the firmware and framework support. As both of the OnePlus 5T and Redmi Note 5 Pro doesn’t have notch display. So, it will make some sense to go for 5T ported ROM.
Thanks to one of the LeekGeek, one of the senior member of XDA Developers team for this release. The update is in beta build right now, so there would be a few bugs in this version. Hope those bugs will be fixed in upcoming updates.
Now let’s talk about the bugs first –
- According to the XDA guide, there is an issue with noise cancellation (dialer app -> 3 dot upper right corner -> setting -> noise cancellation)
- Other things are the same as OnePlus 6-20181211 Build but these are fixed
- system update app FC (don’t flash these OTA, it may brick your device)
- no notch option (ported from OnePlus 5T)
- There might be more bugs in it.
- Fresh ported from OnePlus 5T-OB20 Android Pie build.
- The clean vendor from MCAOSP ROM+Kernel.
- Rest of the features from OnePlus 6 custom vendor build.
Flashing Steps and Disclaimer!
- If you’re coming from OxygenOS (OnePlus 6), please do a clean flash.
- Go for force reboot after doing a clean flash. Then open Power Menu > tap on Power Off > wait for a few seconds until vibration > then Force Reboot.
To avoid system crashes and boot loops, simply follow the above mentioned two steps.
- The OnePlus 6 Vold patch will fix shutdown reboot issue and OnePlus 6 MIUI camera tweak section works with this build of OnePlus 5T. Just follow the instructions given below first.
- Overall is the same as the OnePlus 6-20181211 version.
- Reflash the ROM if u got any status bar issues after first boot.
Please Note: It’s highly recommended to understand what you’re doing and any mistake can lead your device to brick. Please make sure to back up your device completely before doing anything. Flash the provided vendor file properly before flashing the OnePlus ROM. (It’s very important)
How to install Vold Patch
- Flash OxygenOS Ported ROM
- Boot into System > Recovery
- Mount System
- Flash Vold patch
- Reboot and enjoy
ROM Patches/Mods Download Links:
For more support and info you can visit to XDA Developers Redmi Note 5 Pro forum. If you have already installed the ROM, then do comments below – which feature you liked most and which are missing?