It’s a fact that most of the websites generate revenue from text ads and banner ads but it’s also a fact that some of the ads are very annoying and opens a new ad page every time. That’s very bad and the user may get loose concentration due to unusual pop-ups and page opens. While in the desktop browser, some of the websites offer side-windows based auto-playing video option. But when it comes to mobile devices, it becomes a pathetic experience and the whole page even not loads up quickly. Here in this article, we will share with you how to block ads on Android device.
There are a few ways you can do it and you need to do a few setting changes in your Chrome web browser to work them properly. In fact, Google also wants to remove these pop-ups like Chrome 66 will mute auto-playing videos by default.
Block pop up pages and ads in Chrome
So many sites are using pop-ups to generate ads but if you don’t want to see pop-up ads on your phone, here is a way.
- Just open the chrome browser, then tap on the menu on the top right corner.
- Then tap on Settings > Scroll down to the Site Settings > tap on it.
- Now, scroll down and you will see the Pop-ups option. Tap on it and tap on the slide to disable pop-ups on the website.
Use Data Saver mode in Chrome
There’s another method which can save you from seeing annoying or malicious websites and ads in Chrome.
- Go to the Chrome Settings, then scroll down to Lite Mode > turn it on.
- You can also enable the data saver mode in chrome to reduce the direct malicious sites opening.
Install ad blocking extensions or use browsers with ad blocking features
If any of the methods don’t work for you, you can install ad-blocking extensions for Chrome. Like AdBlock and Adblock Plus which can stop webpages to load ads completely. You can also pause ad blockers for any specific sites. Otherwise, you can use the Firefox Focus browser or Opera Browser which has built-in ad blocking and incognito mode.
This is how you can block ads on Android device easily. Otherwise, if you’re not a heavy web user on mobile, you can also install ad blocking extensions for your desktop Chrome browser.