- 0.1 RelatedPosts
- 0.2 How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T
- 0.3 OxygenOS Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 6 Android 9 Pie Now Available: How To Download
- 0.4 Download & Install GAPPS For Android 9 Pie [Pie GAPPS] [How To]
- 0.5 Download Kernel Source for Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos) is now available – How To
- 1 Steps to add Face Unlock to Redmi Note 4
- 2 Steps to enable Face Unlock to Redmi Note 4
How To Add Face Unlock to Redmi Note 4: When it comes to Android devices security has always stayed as a big concern. Both Google and Android device manufacturers have been trying hard to bring new improved security features. The latest of this the face unlock which got more popular after the launch of iPhone X.
Face unlock had been there on few Android devices long before, but none was effective as in the iPhone X. And after the launch of iPhone X, more users were looking to get similar features in Android devices. Knowing this many Android device manufacturers came up with the features in their new launches. But the old Android devices were still lacking the feature and there hasn’t been an effective way to add the feature to these devices. But the developer community again worked the magic and have come up with a way to add the face unlock feature on Redmi Note 4.
An XDA developer shubhandu came up with a way to add face unlock feature to Redmi Note 4. This is made possible the use of a new TWRP-mod that can be flashed to the device. But the device must be primarily installed with the TWRP recovery to do the process. A complete Namdroid backup is an essential thing to be taken prior to flashing the new TWRP-mod.
Steps to add Face Unlock to Redmi Note 4
- Download FaceID_XRN4X_220.127.116.11+(NCFMIEK).zip
- Save the file to the device internal storage
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding home button and volume up button
- Tap on install
- Select the downloaded zip file
- Swipe to install
- Reboot the device when the process is completed
Steps to enable Face Unlock to Redmi Note 4
- Open settings
- Tap on Lock screen & password
- Now tap on Add face data
- Follow the instructions to scan the face
- Tap on done
Hope you are clear with the guide, for any queries or feedback leave a comment below.