It has been a week since the next version of Android, Android 8.0 Oreo was made official by Google in an event held on the eve of Full Solar Eclipse in the United States. Now, the update to Android 8.0 Oreo was also released for the Google Pixel and Nexus devices on the day of release and the updates are rolling out right now as well. However, some are of the opinion that a custom ROM gives better functionality and features that are missing on the Stock ROM so people are waiting for custom ROMs for even the devices that have already received the update.
Now, we have known that one such device which has already received the official update to Android 8.0 Oreo has received an unofficial build of Android 8.0 Oreo in the form of LineageOS. This LineageOS build comes with version 15.0 which was already revealed by LineageOS team. Note that this build has not been made officially available and it has been ported from the LineageOS source code so there are some bugs that may be expected from the build so you should proceed if you know the risks involved.
Also note that this build has been released with an unofficial GApps package which should be useful for getting Google applications for your device.
Unofficial LineageOS 15.0 Pixel C build | Download
Unofficial GApps arm64 | Download
Steps to install the Unofficial Pixel C LineageOS 15.0 build
- For starters, you will need to have your device’s bootloader unlocked, twrp installed in order to proceed for further steps. If you don’t know how to achieve this, follow this guide here.
- After this, you will have to enter in TWRP recovery on your device by switching off your device and pressing Power+Volume Down key for 4-5 seconds.
- Make sure to wipe your cache and data on the device to ensure a clean install of the ROM
- After this, select ‘install’ from TWRP and select the zips downloaded from the download section and install the ROM zip first and then the GApps zip file.
- Now, you will have to reboot the device and begin with the setup process as the LineageOS 15.0 build will be installed on your Pixel C.