Samsung has released the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones which are the flagship smartphones from the company for this year. The company has also launched the Galaxy Note 8 which is the flagship Note series of smartphone from Samsung as well. In terms of Samsung Galaxy S8, the smartphone comes with TouchWiz OS which is the traditional skin of Android shipped with all the Samsung phones released until now. As far as the customization options are concerned, the Samsung’s TouchWiz OS comes with various options such as the ability to add a ton of quick settings tile.
Now, the smartphone comes with AMOLED display where there are various modes of display settings that are available on the smartphone like the ability to change between Adaptive Display/AMOLED Photo/AMOLED Cinema/Basic. Now, one of the quick settings tile that has been missing from the Galaxy S8 is the one that we have mentioned above. This is the Display Settings Quick Toggle and now we have the guide below to show you how to add Display Mode Quick Toggle on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus thanks to an XDA recognized developer, the_scotsman.
Screenshot of Display Mode Quick Toggle on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- You will need to have Tasker installed on your phone and your phone should be rooted as well. In order to root your Samsung Galaxy S8, here is the guide below
Steps to add a Display Mode Quick Toggle on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Now, you will need to open Tasker app on your device
- In the window of Tasker, give the task a name like Basic, Photo, Adaptive to distinguish it from others for display modes.
- After that, tap on ‘+’, select ‘Code’ and then click ‘Run Shell’.
- Now, in the commands field, you will have to enter various codes for different display modes like the ones mentioned down below.
echo “4” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode for Adaptive Display
echo “1” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode for AMOLEd Photo
echo “2” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode for Basic
echo “3” > /sys/devices/svc/OCTA/mdnie/mode for AMOLED Cinema
- Tick the ‘Use Root’ section on the Tasker app screen.
- Press the back button to save this action and save the task you have just created.
- After creating tasks, from Tasker, open the main menu and open Preferences. Open the ACTION tab. At the top, you’ll see Quick Settings Tasks. This is where you can assign 3 of your Tasker Tasks which you have just created to Quick Toggles.
- Now, you will see the Quick Toggles for Display Modes in the spare toggles in the bottom from where you can drag them to your position of choice.
This is the steps to enable Display Modes for Quick Settings on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Follow this steps properly and you should be able to get the tiles running on your phone but if you are stuck at any step then you can always comment in the section down below.