Android Oreo has been released now and the LineageOS ROMs have now started to be made available by the various developers around the world who are responsible for maintaining the devices. Now, one more such device has received the update to Android 8.0 Oreo in the form of LineageOS and this is the Samsung Galaxy S6 and also the S6 Edge which were released by Samsung in 2015.
Now that the LineageOS 15 based on Android 8.0 Oreo is available for the devices, you can have it on your device by flashing the ROM through TWRP. In order to know how to flash the ROM via TWRP, please follow the guide mentioned down below.
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download LineageOS 15 on Galaxy S6 | S6 Edge
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- TWRP Recovery For Galaxy S6 | S6 Edge
- Magisk Zip File Latest
Steps To Install LineageOS 15.0 ROM On Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
- First of all, you will have to download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links from the Downloads section and then move them to the internal storage of your device.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the TWRP recovery by holding the power and volume buttons for 4-5 seconds till your device boots into the recovery menu
- Now, in order to install the custom LineageOS 15 ROM via TWRP, you should follow the guide attached below
- After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack and Magisk in the same way as the ROM installation
- Once the zip installation is done, reboot your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge to boot into Android Oreo based LineageOS 15 ROM.
If you have any problems in following the steps mentioned in this guide then make sure to drop a comment with your questions down below.