The Android 9 Pie is now official by Google and already available for most of the flagship and mid-range Android devices including stock Android and custom ROMs as well. If you still using the older GAPPS up to Android Oreo and want to download and install GAPPS for Android 9 Pie right now then read the full article here with the guideline.
GAPPS For Android 9 Pie [Pie GAPPS] – How To Guideline
The Open GApps now supported up to Android 8.1 Oreo but the Android 9.0 Pie with ARM/ARM64/x86/x86_64 platform will be available very soon with a full list of variants. If you’re flashing your Android device with any custom ROM then you have to flash the latest supported GApps zip file separately. It’s mandatory to use the Google Apps on your devices like Google Play Services, Google Play Store, and other services.
The list of GApps for Android 9 Pie package contains so many Google featured apps like –
– Google App
– Google Framework
– Google Core Apps
– Google Play Services
– Google Phone
– Google Contacts
– Google Calculator
– Google Play Music
– Google Play Games
– Google Photos
– Google Messages
– Google Assistant
– Google Lens
– Google Clock
– Pixel Launcher
– Google Play Store
– Google Drive
– Google Calendar
– Google Chrome
– Google Duo
– Google Maps
– Google TTS
However, most of the latest custom ROMs included the GAPPS in their packages. Some of the ROMs don’t come with the GApps package and the user have to flash the compatible GAPPS manually. Some of the best and popular custom ROMs like AOSP already got the Android 9.0 Pie for LG Nexus 5X device. This device will soon get the LineageOS 16 version. You have to wait for a few weeks to get the latest GAAPS for Android 9 Pie.
Currently, you can download and install the GAPPS For SDK 28 (ARM64 Micro GApps) package file, tested on Android P GSI (Pure) with Project Treble support. These are flashable zip files and can be installed via TWRP Custom Recovery process.
Download GAPPS For Android 9 Pie
Download Gapps for Android 9 Pie ARM 64 (Pico) – Link Not Updated
Download Gapps for Android 9 Pie ARM – Link Not Updated
Download Gapps for Android 9 Pie x86 – Link Not Updated
How To Install GAPPS For Android 9 Pie
- Download the compatible custom ROM for your Android device based on Android 9.0 Pie.
- Download GAPPS for Android 9 Pie file from the above-given download link.
- Make sure your device battery is charged above 60 percent to flash the custom ROM and GAPPS zip file successfully.
- Transfer your downloaded two files into your device internal/external storage. (External storage is recommended)
- Switch off your device and boot it into the TWRP Custom Recovery Mode.
- Tap on “Install” button and select the GAPPS.zip file that you have downloaded from the copied location.
- Then swipe right to confirm flash and wait for sometime to complete the flashing process.
- Now go to the main menu and tap on “Advance” > select the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option and complete the process.
- Once completed, reboot your device and the latest GAPPS package will be installed.
Hope this guide will help to download and install the GAPPS for Android 9 Pie on your Android device easily. Feel free to ask anything about GAPPS.