Following the launch of the MIUI 9 China ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 two days back, Xiaomi has now released the MIUI 9 ROM for the Xiaomi MI 6. MI 6 is Xiaomi’s latest flagship and it was already on the latest version of Android Nougat 7.1.1. However, this MIUI 9 update brings in a lot of new features to the device.
The MIUI 9 ROM for the MI 6 has added new themes and have revamped the user interface to make it more minimalistic than the previous versions of MIUI. However, the updates are not stable yet and are rolling as Alpha and Beta builds. In case you are a beta tester you might have received the update already. You can check for it by going to Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
- Follow this guide carefully and Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. Theedroidguru should not be held responsible for any damage.
- Also, since the builds of the MIUI 9 ROM currently available for download are based on China. As China has banned all the Google services there, they will not be pre installed with the ROM.
- So keep in mind that if you flash this MIUI 9 build, you would have to manually sideload the Google apps and services via TWRP Recovery. You can download these from the links above.
Steps To Install MIUI 9 China ROM On Xiaomi Redmi MI 6
Flashing Fastboot ROM
Step 1.First, Download and Install Mi Flash tool in your PC/laptop.
Step 2.Now Download the MIUI 9 China ROM file from above link.
Step 3.Move the MIUI 9 China ROM to the desktop of your PC/laptop.
Step 4.Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
- First Go to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Version, then Click 7 time on MIUI Version to Enable the Developer Option.
- Now Return Back to Settings main menu then scroll down to Additional settings.Inside the Additional setting, you can find the Android Debugging Option.Just Turn that On.
Step 5.Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
Step 6.Next, Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Mi 6 to PC/computer via micro USB cable.
Step 7.Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path (address) on the PC. Make sure you have installed the ADB and fastboot drivers on your computer. You can follow the step by step guide linked below if you have not installed them.
Step 8.Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path which you just copied
Step 9.Then click on the ‘Refresh‘ button.Your device should be recognised automatically
Step 10.After that click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 9 China ROM On Your Xiaomi Redmi MI 6.
Step 11.The Firmware Flashing should be started, wait until the installation is done
Step 12.Your Xiaomi Redmi MI 6 will automatically boot into the latest Updated MIUI 9 China ROM, once the flashing process is completed.Done!!!
1. After flashing the ROM Via Fastboot you’ll have to install TWRP recovery again.
2. Before booting into the MIUI 9, flash SuperSU zip from TWRP (Download from official super su site) and reboot.
3. Download Google Apps Installer (Download Section) and install.
4. Then Go to recovery and flash Gapps, then reboot.