Xiaomi is currently sending out the latest builds of the MIUI 9 ROM to a lot of its devices. This is a part of a testing phase as the official roll out date on August 11 is nearing soon. The recent device to receive the MIUI 9 update following the Redmi Note 4 and the Redmi MI 6 is the Redmi Note 4X.
As already mentioned, the MIUI 9 update comes with lots of new features like smart assistant, performance enhancements and new themes. However the update currently rolling out is only in the Alpha and Beta builds and since it is based on China devices, it might contain some bloatware. You can check for the update by going to Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
- Follow this guide carefully and Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. Theedroidguru should not be held responsible for any damage.
- Also, since the builds of the MIUI 9 ROM currently available for download are based on China. As China has banned all the Google services there, they will not be pre installed with the ROM.
- So keep in mind that if you flash this MIUI 9 build, you would have to manually sideload the Google apps and services via TWRP Recovery. You can download these from the links above.
Steps To Install MIUI 9 China ROM On Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
⇨ Here we are showing step by step guide to Flash Fastboot MIUI 9 China ROM On Redmi Note 4x
Flashing Fastboot ROM
Step 1.First, Download and Install Mi Flash tool in your PC/laptop.
Step 2.Now Download the MIUI 9 China ROM file from above link.
Step 3.Move the MIUI 9 China ROM to the desktop of your PC/laptop.
Step 4.Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
- First Go to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Version, then Click 7 time on MIUI Version to Enable the Developer Option.
- Now Return Back to Settings main menu then scroll down to Additional settings.Inside the Additional setting, you can find the Android Debugging Option.Just Turn that On.
Step 5.Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
Step 6.Next, Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X to PC/computer via micro USB cable.
Step 7.Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path (address) on the PC. Make sure you have installed the ADB and fastboot drivers on your computer. You can follow the step by step guide linked below if you have not installed them.
Step 8.Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path which you just copied
Step 9.Then click on the ‘Refresh‘ button.Your device should be recognised automatically
Step 10.After that click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 9 China ROM On Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X.
Step 11.The Firmware Flashing should be started, wait until the installation is done
Step 12.Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X will automatically boot into the latest Updated MIUI 9 China Beta ROM, once the flashing process is completed.Done!!!
1. After flashing the ROM Via Fastboot you’ll have to install TWRP recovery again.
2. Before booting into the MIUI 9, flash SuperSU zip from TWRP (Download from official super su site) and reboot.
3. Download Google Apps Installer (Download Section) and install.
4. Then Go to recovery and flash Gapps, then reboot.