Finally, the Xiaomi has released the official Android Nougat 7.0 Update for Xiaomi Mi Note 2.The OTA Update is based on MIUI 7.6.15 and currently available only in China.This is a China Developer ROM which means it is still in its development stage.The best thing is that this Firmware can be flashed both in Chinese and International variants.Here we will be sharing direct links to Download MIUI 7.6.15 For Xiaomi Mi Note 2 based On Android Nougat | Fastboot / Recovery
Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 7.6.15 firmware update In China.This Update is available via OTA (Over-the-air).If your device is not rooted then you can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
If there is no update then you can wait for few days for the update to come or you can follow our guide to Manually Update Xiaomi Mi Note 2 to MIUI 7.6.15 | Android Nougat (Fastboot / Recovery).
In this post, we will be sharing the download links as well as a detailed Guide to Install MIUI 7.6.15 On Xiaomi Mi Note 2| Both fastboot Firmware installation method and Recovery Firmware Installation method.
The new Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Mi Note 2 comes with all the great Android Nougat Features.It also contains many bugs fixes and performance improvements.We are sharing the full features list below.
MIUI 7.6.15 Features
- Highlights: New – Grouping for OTP messages (06-15)m | New – “Today”, “Yesterday”, and “Earlier” timeline on the start page (06-15)
- Messaging: New – Grouping for OTP messages (06-15) | New – “Today”, “Yesterday”, and “Earlier” timeline on the start page (06-15)
- Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar: Fix – Images weren’t shown in the Notification shade (06-15) | Fix – Error message appeared after the correct password was entered (06-14)
- Home screen: Optimisation – Swipe response (06-14) | Fix – Issues with backups (06-14) | Fix – Icon wasn’t shown in some cases (06-14)
- MI Wallet: New – Mi-Pay support (06-14) | New – Transport cards for Beijing, Lingnan, Shanghai, Wuhan, and Suzhou (06-14) | Optimisation – Wording issues in the UI for transport cards (06-13)
Download MIUI 7.6.15 China Developer ROM (Mi Note 2)
How To Flash / MIUI 7.6.15 On Xiaomi Mi Note 2 | Android Nougat
Method 1: Flashing / Installing MIUI 7.6.15 Recovery ROM
Step 1.Download the MIUI 7.6.15 China recovery ROM For your device from the download section above.
Step 2.Now Connect your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 with your PC/laptop.
Step 3.Now Move the MIUI 7.6.15 China Developer ROM files to your phone.
Step 4.Now go to updater App from your phone app menu, and Click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
Step 5.The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Step 6.Done!! Your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 should boot into the latest MIUI 7.6.15 China Developer ROM
Method 2: Flashing / Installing MIUI 7.6.15 FastBoot ROM
Step 1.First, Download and Install Mi Flash tool in your PC/laptop.
Step 2.Now download theMIUI 7.6.15 China Developer Fastboot ROM Update file from above link.
Step 3.Move the MIUI 7.6.15 China Developer ROM files to the desktop of your PC/laptop.
Step 4.Enable Developer Option and USB Debugging.
- First Go to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Version, then Click 7 time on MIUI Version to Enable the Developer Option.
- Now Return Back to Settings main menu then scroll down to Additional settings.Inside the Additional setting, you can find the Android Debugging Option.Just Turn that On.
Step 5.Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
Step 6.Next, Connect your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 to PC/computer via micro USB cable.
Step 7.Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path (address) on the PC.
Step 8.Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path which you just copied
Step 9.Then click on the ‘Refresh‘ button.Your device should be recognised automatically
Step 10.After that click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flashMIUI 7.6.15 China Developer ROM on Your Xiaomi Mi Note 2
Step 11.The Firmware Flashing should be started, wait until the installation is done
Step 12.Your device will automatically boot into the latest Updated MIUI 7.6.15 China Developer ROM, once the flashing process is completed.Done!!!
If you have any question or suggestion related to this post feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂