Today in this post we will be telling you how to install Magisk or your Pixel and Pixel XL smartphone. If you are a proud owner of one of these, then you must know that you can’t use Xposed framework on your devices running on Nougat as of now. Magisk is an alternative method to use instead of Xposed framework as Magisk can be used on any device running Nougat. In this post, we will be learning how to install Magisk on Pixel and Pixel XL.Install Magisk on Pixel and Pixel XL
- Have a backup of all your data and contacts.
- You must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- Battery percentage should be more than 50%.
You must download a set of four flashable zip files on your device. The download links will be different for the two models.
- For Pixel (Sailfish)
- ElementalX for Pixel – https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634767372
- TWRP for Pixel – https://dl.twrp.me/sailfish/twrp-pixel-installer-sailfish-3.1.0-0RC2.zip.html
- Magisk for Pixel – http://www.mediafire.com/file/2tip5jr1xdj3fr7/Magisk-v12.0-Pixel.zip
- Boot Signer for Pixel
- For Pixel XL (Marlin)
- ElementalX for Pixel XL – https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634767372
- TWRP for Pixel XL – https://dl.twrp.me/marlin/twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.1.0-0RC2.zip.html
- Magisk for Pixel XL – http://www.mediafire.com/file/2tip5jr1xdj3fr7/Magisk-v12.0-Pixel.zip
- Boot Signer for Pixel XL.
- Magis Manager – http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ep0p8lrp6ae8fo/MagiskManager-4.3.2.apk
- TWRP Recovery – http://www.mediafire.com/file/6zzn66nowgsxi8f/twrp.img
Disclaimer: RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Magisk on Pixel and Pixel XL
- First, you need to download the files mentioned above including the Magisk Manager. Install the Magisk Manager.
- Since it alters your boot image, it is better to re-install the stock boot image using fastboot.
- Re-flashing the stock boot image will also remove the TWRP recovery which was pre-installed in your device. So, you need to re-install the TWRP by going to the link mentioned above.
- Download the file and then place it in your platform-tools folder.
- Now type “fastboot boot twrp.img” into the command prompt and when TWRP boots, tap on the install button.
- Select TWRP zip file which you had downloaded.
- Tap on “Add more zips” and select VerifiedBootSigner.zip and swipe at the bottom of the screen.
- Head to TWRP’s main menu and select “Reboot” and then select “Recovery”.
- Now, disconnect your device from the computer and ensure that it is booted into TWRP recovery.
- Now, tap on “install” and navigate to your device’s download folder.
- Select ElementalX.zip file and then tap on “Add more ZIPs” towards the bottom of the screen.
- Now select the Magisk zip file and then again tap on “Add more ZIPs” and select TWRP zip file.
- Similarly, choose the VerifiedBootSigner.zip file.
- As soon as the message pops up saying “4 out of max 10 files queued”, swipe at the bottom of your screen for starting the process.