Huawei has just recently released the latest smartphone in its Honor sub-brand which is the Honor 8 Pro. The Honor is a subsidiary brand of Huawei which is managed by the parent company but the company works independently from Huawei and launches different phones in its Honor lineup. The Honor 8 was launched last year by the company as its flagship smartphone and the company has been preparing to release the Honor 9 smartphone this year. However, the company has released a new device named as the Honor 8 Pro before the release of the Honor 9. Talking about the device, the Honor 8 Pro looks similar to the Honor 8 in terms of camera as well as design.
Now, the Honor 8 Pro has received the official support for one of the most popular AOSP rom currently out in the Android market which is the Paranoid Android. The version made available for the Honor 8 Pro is the Paranoid Android 7.2. Now, as far as the ROM is concerned, there are plenty of features that are available from the ROM which are listed below.
The features of the Paranoid Android for the Honor 8 Pro include:
- Option for double tap to sleep on status bar
- Screen off action for button settings
- Fix for navigation bar swiping
- Notification light fixes and improvements
- Updated PA browser based on M60
- Pulse on pickup fixed
- Different fixes for contacts handling and integration into Google apps
- Various Bluetooth connectivity fixes
- Improvements for hardware key lighting
- Higher quality wallpapers
- Optimized fingerprint unlock speed
- Fixed reboot to recovery message
- Various performance enhancements
- Various power related enhancements
As far as the ROM is concerned, the release of the Paranoid Android 7.2 is still a new update but the ROM can be considered a daily driver as there have been no serious issues discovered so far from the update. However, you should expect to see some bugs in the latest version which should be fixed in the next version.