Here in this guide, we will share with you the download links and steps to How to Install Android Oreo Stock ROM on Asus ZenFone 3 Laser device properly. The device is getting the Android Oreo stock ROM with the version of WW-22.214.171.124 via OTA.
How to Install Android Oreo Stock ROM on Asus ZenFone 3 Laser
The OTA update also brings updated security patch as well for the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser device. As the update process is gradual, it can take some time to receive the OTA globally. Therefore, you can wait for the OTA notification or can flash the file manually as well.
Here we’re providing the Asus ZenFone 3 Laser Android Oreo Stock ROM WW-126.96.36.199 OTA (.zip) file below. At first, you need to check for the system update manually from Settings > About > System Update. If you can’t wait for the system update, flash the OTA file by following the mentioned process below.
- The Firmware file is only for the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser (ZC551KL) For WW SKU device only. Don’t try this ROM on any other device.
- thedroidguru won’t be responsible for any damage to your phone. Do it at your own risk.
- It’s highly recommended to take a complete backup of your phone easily.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50%-60% charged for a smoother process.
- Keep at least 2GB of free space on your device for the system update installed properly.
- Asus ZenFone 3 Laser Android Oreo WW-188.8.131.52 Full ROM – Download
Steps to Install Android Oreo Stock ROM on Asus ZenFone 3 Laser
Method 1: (Recommended)
- First, you need to download the file from above link and rename it to update.zip.
- Switch off your phone and boot it into recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume UP button.
- After entering into recovery mode, choose option Apply update from sd card.
- Now, select the update.zip file from the downloaded location.
- Wait until the process is done completely and then restart your phone.
Method 2: (Fastboot Process + PC Required)
- To manually check the update, you can head over to Settings > About phone > System update > Check For Update.
- Enable USB debugging option from Settings -> Developer options.
[To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times]
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for Windows and install it on your PC.
- Download the WW-184.108.40.206-OTA.zip file for Asus ZenFone 3 Laser from above link and copy the ROM to the installed ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now, switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode by press and hold Power + Volume UP button.
- From the Recovery mode – choose the option Apply Update from ADB.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC/Laptop via the USB cable.
- Go to the installed ADB and Fastboot folder and press Shift + Right Click to open the list. Then click on open command here.
- Now, check your device connection by typing the following command and press enter↵
[If your device is listed proceed to flash the ROM]
- Flash the ROM on Asus ZenFone 3 Laser by typing the below command and hit enter↵
adb sideload File_name.zip
[The file_name.zip should be replaced with the actual ROM file name]
- Wait until the process is done completely. Then reboot your phone and wait for first boot up process.
- You’re done!
Now, you have successfully installed the latest OTA Stock ROM on your device properly.