Moto G4 Plus NPJS25.93-14-10 OTA Update has been rolled out and it is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and has September security patch. You might be aware of the fact that Moto G4 Play has got Android 7.1.1 update and it is expected the Moto G4 Plus will get soon.
But for now, it is important to update the security patch and if you have not received the OTA update yet on your Moto G4 Plus, you need to update it manually.You can do it by yourself, just follow the steps by step guide to Download and Install Moto G4 Plus NPJS25.93-14-10 OTA Update | Android 7.0 Nougat
- This update is only for Moto G4 Plus and it won’t work on any other device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot driver for Windows from Download section and install it on your computer.
- You need to take a full backup of device data as everything will be erased during the process.
- Keep the battery charge to 60% at least to prevent accidental shutdown.
TheDroidGuru will not be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device while executing the following steps. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Driver For Windows.
- Download Driver for Moto G4 Plus.
- Download NPJS25.93-14-10 OTA for Moto G4 Plus
- Download Moto G4 Plus Stock Nougat Firmware (Need to flash your device with it in case something goes wrong)
Steps To Install NPJS25.93-14-10 OTA Update On Moto G4 Plus | Android 7.0 Nougat
Step 1. Go to Settings> About Phone and tap on Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options if not enabled already. Go to Settings> Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
Step 2. Download everything in the Download section and transfer OTA Zip to the internal storage of your Moto G4 Plus. You can also copy the Zip file to a folder where ADB is installed on your computer. In that case, you have to be careful in the next step.
Step 3. Boot your device into Recovery mode and then open ADB from the computer and choose Apply Update from SD card.
If you had saved the file in a folder on your computer as stated above, you had to opt for ‘Apply Update From ADB’.
Step 4. Connect your device to your computer and open command prompt from the ADB folder by pressing shift + right click.
Step 5. Type the following to check the connection and it should list your device.
Step 6. Type the following to flash Nougat OTA Zip
adb sideload filename.zip
Replace filename with the ZIP file’s name.
Once the process is complete, reboot the phone and start using it.