OnePlus 5 has started getting OxygenOS 4.5.2 OTA Update.One Plus 5 was launched with OxygenOs 4.5 and was updated to OxygenOs 4.5.1 a few days ago and now another firmware update OxygenOs 4.5.2 is available for One Plus 5.The best part is we have the links to Download OxygenOS 4.5.2 For OnePlus 5 which means you can manually Update Oneplus 5 to OxygenOs 4.5.2 | Android 7.1.1 Nougat
This is an incremental update which rolls out in a phase-wise manner.This OTA Update comes with bug fixes and performance optimisation.Check the changelogs below for more information update the update.
This update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) for those who are in the previous versions of OxygenOS.The update may take a few weeks to reach all the corners of the world.You can also manually check for updates in Settings > System Updates > Check For Updates
If there is no update yet in your region then you can wait for few days or If you don’t want to wait for OTA, then you can follow the below step by step guide to Download and Install OxygenOs 4.5.2 On OnePlus 5 | Android 7.1.1 Nougat
OxygenOS 4.5.2 Changelogs
- Bug fixes:
• App installation issue
• System update failure
• BT Stability
• Network Stability
• System Stability
• Compatibility with 3rd party apps
TheDroidGuru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Steps To Install OxygenOS 4.5.2 for OnePlus 5
Method 1 – Installing using ADB
Step 1.First, Enable “Developer Option” and “USB Debugging” on your OnePlus 5.
- First, you have to enable the developer option.To Do So Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number then tap on press build number 7 times to enable the developer option
- Now return to the setting’s main menu and scroll down to the bottom, there should be Developer option available above System Update.Now go to Developer option then scroll down to USB debugging and enable that.
Step 3.Install the OnePlus USB drivers On PC
Step 4.Download OxygenOS 4.5.2 Firmware for OnePlus 5 and save it on your device.
Step 5.Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode.
- Power off the OnePlus 5
- Once your phone is switched off, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
- Continue holding these two buttons till the OnePlus/Android splash screen that appears.
- Once you are in the Recovery mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Connect Your Phone to your PC using provided USB Cable.
Step 6.Now execute the following codes
Step 7.Now, Install OxygenOS executing the following command.
adb sideload <finename>
Step 8.Wait until the installation process completes.Done!!!
Your OnePlus 5 should boot into latest OxygenOs 4.5.2 (Android Nougat 7.1.1)
Method 2 – Installing via recovery
Step 1.Download OxygenOS 4.5.2 OTA zip file from the download section above and copy it to the internal memory of your device.
Step 2.Reboot into the Recovery mode (See the first method where we have shared the full steps)
Step 3.Your phone should now be in Stock recovery.Now select ‘Apply Update’ and select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘.
Step 4.Now browse and select the downloaded OTA file.The Installation will start automatically.
Step 5.Wait until the process is finished and then reboot your device.Done!!!!
Hope you found this article helpful. let us know your feedback on OxygenOS 4.5.2 For OnePlus 5 🙂
For rooted users
Step 2.Now boot your device into TWRP recovery (mentioned before) and create a nandroid backup so that you can restore if anything goes wrong.
Step 4. Now, Go to Install section and locate the Oxygen OS 4.5.2 Full Rom Zip
Step 5.Once you select the zip, just swipe to Install the ROM file
Step 6. Now reflash the Magisk Or SuperSU root pack again by going to install section to maintain the root.Then Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
Step 7.Done!!! Reboot System to boot your OnePlus 5 into the latest OxygenOS 4.5.2 Firmware (remember, the first boot may take up to 5-10minutes)
If you have any question or suggestion related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below:)