The latest version of Android, Android 8.0 Oreo is up and running on the Google Pixel and Nexus devices already since the announcement was made by Google on August 21. However, other devices will have to wait for their turn to get the latest version of Android on them due to the obligations like certification process for new updates and many other things. This means that the Android Oreo update will take at least 3-4 months if not more to come to the first device in the current lineup of smartphones.
This means that the only option to get the update is via a custom ROM and this has been available for many devices currently. Now, the Xiaomi Mi Max has also received a custom ROM thanks to XDA Recognized Developer yshalsager. The AOSP ROM released for this device is much stable than all the ones released before and this works smoothly as a daily driver but keeps in mind that the camera doesn’t currently work on this ROM which should be fixed in the later updates.
thedroidguru.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- You might be aware that during flashing of ROMs, all the data gets completely wiped out. So, take a full backup of your device data before proceeding.
- Charge your device so that it should have at least 50% of battery charge.
- Your device must be rooted. It must also have TWRP installed.
- Download AOSP 8.0 For Xiaomi Mi Max
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Mi Max
- Magisk Zip File Latest
Screenshots Of Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP ROM On Xiaomi Mi Max
Steps To Install Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP ROM On Xiaomi Mi Max
- First of all, you will have to download the ROM, Gapps and the Magisk files from the above links I the Downloads section and then move them to the internal storage of your Mi Max.
- Now power off your device and reboot it to the TWRP recovery by holding the power and volume buttons for 4-5 seconds till your device boots into the recovery menu
- Now, in order to install the custom AOSP ROM via TWRP, you should follow the guide attached below
- After flashing the ROM, flash the GApps pack and Magisk in the same way as the ROM installation
- Once the zip installation is done, reboot your Mi Max to boot into Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM.